3 Displays on a 9800 Pro?

Is it possible to have 3 displays on and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Cause it
has one VGA port, one DVI port and and S-Video port. But as far as I
know it only lets you use 2 simultaneously. It detects all three when
they’re pluged in, but it only lets you use 2 displays. Maybe theres
some kind of extra software i need? Thanks for any pointers.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Displays-9800-Pro-ftopict58214.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294188

the card will only display 2 outputs...........it only has 2 heads
your choice of which 2
peterk

the problem

"peterk" <peterk@nomalarky.net> wrote in message
> the card will only display 2 outputs...........it only has 2 heads
> your choice of which 2
> peterk
>
> --
> It's so much easier to suggest solutions when you don't know too much
> about the problem
> "jpaterson" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
>> Is it possible to have 3 displays on and ATI Radeon 9800 Pro. Cause it
>> has one VGA port, one DVI port and and S-Video port. But as far as I
>> know it only lets you use 2 simultaneously. It detects all three when
>> they're pluged in, but it only lets you use 2 displays. Maybe theres
>> some kind of extra software i need? Thanks for any pointers.
>>
>> --
>> Posted using the http://www.hardwareforumz.com interface, at author's
>> request
>> Articles individually checked for conformance to usenet standards
>> Topic URL:
>> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/ATI-Displays-9800-Pro-ftopict58214.html
>> Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse:
>> http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294188

Running 3 displays on my 9600xt. I got a matrox 770 pci card, that works
well...the 3 display is a tv, for my video output...

xman

geoff

"jpaterson" <UseLinkToEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in
message
> Is it possible to have 3 displays on and ATI Radeon 9800
> Pro. Cause it has one VGA port, one DVI port and and
> S-Video port. But as far as I know it only lets you use 2
> simultaneously. It detects all three when they're pluged
> in, but it only lets you use 2 displays. Maybe theres
> some kind of extra software i need? Thanks for any
> pointers.

nope, only 2 at once
get an extra pci video card for more

peterk wrote:

> the card will only display 2 outputs...........it only has 2 heads
> your choice of which 2
> peterk
>
> --
-- snip snip --

Sorry I am off topic but...

I have never been able to grasp the term "heads" for video display cards. What's up with that?
Heads are on video/audio tape players right?

Thanks
Dan

TRENDING THREADS