Automatic Locking

My computer is running XP, and is set to automatically lock up if left idle
for (I believe) 15 minutes. How can I change this setting? I'd like to turn
this feature off to allow myself to, for example, sit back and watch a movie
on my laptop without having to jump up and wave my mouse around every 10
minutes. Thanks!

Control Panel, Display, Screen Saver.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

"zbender71" <zbender71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6FF0DC0-DE21-4D21-982A-08E38715BAE8@microsoft.com...
> My computer is running XP, and is set to automatically lock up if left idle
> for (I believe) 15 minutes. How can I change this setting? I'd like to turn
> this feature off to allow myself to, for example, sit back and watch a movie
> on my laptop without having to jump up and wave my mouse around every 10
> minutes. Thanks!

Right, I've tried that, and I have my computer currently set to no screen
saver, and it's set to be "always on". I cannot change the 15 minute delay or
"on resume, password protect" options, even with a screen saver. My laptop is
normally hooked up to a LAN (not currently, however), so I'm not sure if this
is some sort of security measure set up by the IS dept. Is there anything
else I can do?

"Doug Knox MS-MVP" wrote:

> Control Panel, Display, Screen Saver.

> Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
> http://www.dougknox.com
> Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.
>
> "zbender71" <zbender71@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6FF0DC0-DE21-4D21-982A-08E38715BAE8@microsoft.com...
> > My computer is running XP, and is set to automatically lock up if left idle
> > for (I believe) 15 minutes. How can I change this setting? I'd like to turn
> > this feature off to allow myself to, for example, sit back and watch a movie
> > on my laptop without having to jump up and wave my mouse around every 10
> > minutes. Thanks!

If your IT department is enforcing group policies, then no. The policies applied at the domain level override any local settings.