Windows Validation errors

a b 8 Security
August 4, 2005 9:28:19 PM

I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft about
this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 4, 2005 10:30:03 PM

Windows Validate is a load of bull, you can usually download most stuff off
another site, just search google.

"Wade" wrote:

> I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
> updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft about
> this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
> issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 4, 2005 10:44:39 PM

Wade" <Wade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:42805EB8-1746-4CEE-BDE5-C2AB42247E16@microsoft.com...>I have a genuine
copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
> updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft
> about
> this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
> issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Wade,

If we have told you there is no fix for it then ... there is no fix for it.

If you have an issue with WGA then see
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

Q:
What should I do if I have a problem with the Windows validation
process?
A:
If you cannot resolve your problem using this FAQ, please use the
Contact Us link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center pages to request
additional assistance. For English users, you may also access the WGA
newsgroup
(http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp...)
for additional discussion and user-to-user support.

Q:
What if my copy of Windows fails the validation process or I believe I
have received pirated software?
A:
In either case, Microsoft recommends the following steps: First, turn
on Automatic Updates to make sure your system is being protected while you
are resolving the problem. Second, visit Microsoft how to tell website to
learn how to recognize genuine Windows software. Third, see your reseller
and ask for genuine Windows software, using the report provided during the
validation session for support. The report explains why your system was
unable to validate, and provides instructions for further follow-up.

--

Regards,

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

"Wade" <Wade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
> updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft
> about
> this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
> issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 12:42:34 AM

Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"Wade" wrote:

| I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
| updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft about
| this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
| issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 5, 2005 12:26:27 PM

Ahhh..... but there IS a fix/workaround that Microsoft will NOT tell you about!
Open Explorer go to tools/internet options/programs/manage add-ons and
disable Windows Genuine Advantage Active X Contol. Close explorer and click
on the Windows Update Icon and you should be able to download and install
custom updates.

!