Windows Validation errors

I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft about
this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?
4 answers Last reply
More about windows validation errors

    Windows Validate is a load of bull, you can usually download most stuff off
    another site, just search google.

    Wade" <Wade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    news:42805EB8-1746-4CEE-BDE5-C2AB42247E16@microsoft.com...>I have a genuine
    copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
    > updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft
    > about
    > this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
    > issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

    Wade,

    If we have told you there is no fix for it then ... there is no fix for it.

    If you have an issue with WGA then see
    http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

    Q:
    What should I do if I have a problem with the Windows validation
    process?
    A:
    If you cannot resolve your problem using this FAQ, please use the
    Contact Us link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center pages to request
    additional assistance. For English users, you may also access the WGA
    newsgroup
    (http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?ICP=WGA&sLCID=us)
    for additional discussion and user-to-user support.

    Q:
    What if my copy of Windows fails the validation process or I believe I
    have received pirated software?
    A:
    In either case, Microsoft recommends the following steps: First, turn
    on Automatic Updates to make sure your system is being protected while you
    are resolving the problem. Second, visit Microsoft how to tell website to
    learn how to recognize genuine Windows software. Third, see your reseller
    and ask for genuine Windows software, using the report provided during the
    validation session for support. The report explains why your system was
    unable to validate, and provides instructions for further follow-up.

    --

    Regards,

    Mike
    --
    Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

    rights

    newsgroups

    "Wade" <Wade@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
    > updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft
    > about
    > this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
    > issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

    Please use the "Contact Us" link at the bottom of Microsoft Download Center
    pages to request assistance directly from Microsoft:
    http://support.microsoft.com/gp/ContactDownloads

    --
    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP

    "Wade" wrote:

    | I have a genuine copy of windows XP Pro. When I check the computer for
    | updates I get a invalid product key message. I have contacted Microsoft about
    | this issue. They are aware of it, but currently do not have a fix for the
    | issue. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

    Ahhh..... but there IS a fix/workaround that Microsoft will NOT tell you about!
    Open Explorer go to tools/internet options/programs/manage add-ons and
    disable Windows Genuine Advantage Active X Contol. Close explorer and click
    on the Windows Update Icon and you should be able to download and install
    custom updates.

Security Microsoft Windows XP