LCD for PC Monitor

I have been looking at a 20 inch widescreen LCD TV at Wal-Mart for under
400.00. Is it possible to use this as my PC monitor? It has a resolution of
1024/768. I have an ATI AIW 9000 Pro 64 meg with current drivers and
software.Thank You------Lanny.

John Smith wrote:

> I have been looking at a 20 inch widescreen LCD TV at Wal-Mart for under
> 400.00. Is it possible to use this as my PC monitor? It has a resolution
> of
> 1024/768. I have an ATI AIW 9000 Pro 64 meg with current drivers and
> software.Thank You------Lanny.

IF it will accept a PC input at that resolution it should do reasonably and
be quite usable if you don't try to get too close to it. However Newegg
lists more than 50 19" 1280x1024 purpose-made computer monitors for under
$400, some under $300, so unless you really need the TV tuner the TV seems
a poor bargain. If you have an AIW then you don't _need_ the tuner,
so . . .

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

John Smith wrote:
> I have been looking at a 20 inch widescreen LCD TV at Wal-Mart for
> under 400.00. Is it possible to use this as my PC monitor? It has a
> resolution of 1024/768. I have an ATI AIW 9000 Pro 64 meg with
> current drivers and software.Thank You------Lanny.

I would say no. I have a 20.1" LCD monitor, which runs at 1600x1200. This is
very useable at this resolution. You would find 1024x768 inadequate at this
screen size.

Take care,

John.

I just searched pricewatch for 19 inch monitors. Wow, I guess i have not
looked at them for a while. They have really come down in price. I see what
you mean about the tuner. Thank for the advice.----
"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
> John Smith wrote:
>
>> I have been looking at a 20 inch widescreen LCD TV at Wal-Mart for under
>> 400.00. Is it possible to use this as my PC monitor? It has a resolution
>> of
>> 1024/768. I have an ATI AIW 9000 Pro 64 meg with current drivers and
>> software.Thank You------Lanny.
>
> IF it will accept a PC input at that resolution it should do reasonably
> and
> be quite usable if you don't try to get too close to it. However Newegg
> lists more than 50 19" 1280x1024 purpose-made computer monitors for under
> $400, some under $300, so unless you really need the TV tuner the TV seems
> a poor bargain. If you have an AIW then you don't _need_ the tuner,
> so . . .
>
> --
> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate