Ok so, you have 2 Network Admins, and one of them needs help, that would be
me!

How can I stop my co worker from running PSEXEC stuff on my machine? I know
there has to be a way because I cannot use PSEXEC on his machine.

I don't want to ask because that would be silly.

We are all on a domain.

I think it has something to do with the Admin Share $ thing.

I look forward to hearing some good news.

Thank you,

Brandon

In news:F4C8809A-CAE8-460D-AE23-667F7E9A2D76@microsoft.com,
Brandon <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Ok so, you have 2 Network Admins, and one of them needs help, that
> would be me!
>
> How can I stop my co worker from running PSEXEC stuff on my machine?

Ask him to desist?

> I know there has to be a way because I cannot use PSEXEC on his
> machine.
>
> I don't want to ask because that would be silly.

Why's that? Is this work-related stuff, or is he just horsing around? And if
the latter, why can't you simply tell him, dude, get back to work?

> We are all on a domain.
>
> I think it has something to do with the Admin Share $ thing.

> I look forward to hearing some good news.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brandon

There's really no such thing as a limited admin. You can unshare the hidden
admin shares, you can do whatever you want via group policy, etc., and any
reasonably savvy admin can revert the changes.

If you're having issues with a co-worker, note that they aren't technical,
they're behavioral. Take it up with him, or your boss.

That is not what I want to do, I would be admitting defeat!

There has to be a way to stop this, from happening. I want to be silent
about it.

Thanks,

Brandon

"" wrote:
> Ok so, you have 2 Network Admins, and one of them needs help,
> that would be
> me!
>
> How can I stop my co worker from running PSEXEC stuff on my
> machine? I know
> there has to be a way because I cannot use PSEXEC on his
> machine.
>
> I don't want to ask because that would be silly.
>
> We are all on a domain.
>
> I think it has something to do with the Admin Share $ thing.
>
> I look forward to hearing some good news.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Brandon

got this from the sysinternals site:

Requirements
Some of the tools require that the default admin$ share be available
and/or that the Remote Registry service be active.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-Stop-PSEXEC-ftopict404820.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1342267

In news:0CE0A14B-70B9-4125-8DB7-6EB03DC201D1@microsoft.com,
Brandon <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> That is not what I want to do, I would be admitting defeat!

Ah. Well, we can't have that, can we.

> There has to be a way to stop this, from happening. I want to be
> silent about it.

So this is a contest, then? Perhaps you both need more work to do! :)

> Thanks,
>
> Brandon
>
> "Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:
>

>> In news:F4C8809A-CAE8-460D-AE23-667F7E9A2D76@microsoft.com,
>> Brandon <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
>>> Ok so, you have 2 Network Admins, and one of them needs help, that
>>> would be me!
>>>
>>> How can I stop my co worker from running PSEXEC stuff on my machine?
>>
>> Ask him to desist?
>>

>>> I know there has to be a way because I cannot use PSEXEC on his
>>> machine.
>>>
>>> I don't want to ask because that would be silly.
>>
>> Why's that? Is this work-related stuff, or is he just horsing
>> around? And if the latter, why can't you simply tell him, dude, get
>> back to work?
>>

>>> We are all on a domain.
>>>
>>> I think it has something to do with the Admin Share $ thing.
>>

>>> I look forward to hearing some good news.
>>>
>>> Thank you,
>>>
>>> Brandon
>>
>> There's really no such thing as a limited admin. You can unshare the
>> hidden admin shares, you can do whatever you want via group policy,
>> etc., and any reasonably savvy admin can revert the changes.
>>
>> If you're having issues with a co-worker, note that they aren't
>> technical, they're behavioral. Take it up with him, or your boss.

wench,

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!

I figured it out on my own!

Thanks Anyway!

In news:D60A3C1C-9AEC-4F61-8AF3-26474D72FD83@microsoft.com,
Brandon <Brandon@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> wench,
>
> Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it!
>
> I figured it out on my own!
>
> Thanks Anyway!

You're welcome...now get back to work. ;-)