Arctic Cooling choices for 9700 Pro AIW ?

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

Cuzman wrote:

> I'm just wondering if any of the newer Arctic Cooling ATI Silencers work
> with the 9700 Pro All-In-Wonder, or whether it's just the VGA Silencer
> Rev 3 I can use.

If the AIW refernce design is similar to the 9700Pro then you can fit
the ATI Silencer 1. Mine 9700Pro seems to like it,I just have to change
the thermal compound.

Glitch wrote:

> Cuzman wrote:
>>
>> I'm just wondering if any of the newer Arctic Cooling ATI Silencers work
>> with the 9700 Pro All-In-Wonder, or whether it's just the VGA Silencer
>> Rev 3 I can use.
>>

> If the AIW refernce design is similar to the 9700Pro then you can fit
> the ATI Silencer 1. Mine 9700Pro seems to like it,I just have to change
> the thermal compound.

IIRC the difficulty is that there is not sufficient clearance for the tuner
on the AIW in the earlier ATI Silencers.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

Glitch wrote:

" If the AIW refernce design is similar to the 9700Pro then you can fit
the ATI Silencer 1. Mine 9700Pro seems to like it,I just have to change
the thermal compound. "

The VGA Silencer Rev 3 includes the 9700 Pro AIW in its spec (
http://tinyurl.com/dlszs ), whereas the ATI Silencer 1 Rev 2 doesn't (
http://tinyurl.com/7myt9 ).

There's no mention on the Arctic Cooling website of an ATI Silencer 1
Rev 1. I'm wondering if that suits the 9700 Pro AIW, and whether it was
ever available.