Mike

Splendid

How do I go about finding out why a profile is a large as it is? I have 3
profiles on one laptop -- one is 30MB, one is 90MB and one is 2450MB (2.5
GB). I am concerned about the 2.5GB profile.

Or, should I not be concerned?

Mike

In news:65FCC743-6AEC-4A4B-972E-09C3E72772A4@microsoft.com,
Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> How do I go about finding out why a profile is a large as it is? I
> have 3 profiles on one laptop -- one is 30MB, one is 90MB and one is
> 2450MB (2.5 GB). I am concerned about the 2.5GB profile.
>
> Or, should I not be concerned?
>
> Mike

You probably have stuff on the desktop, and My Documents hasn't been
redirected elsewhere (which I always like to do). Google for TreeSize Pro
and try the eval - it's a very handy utility. Worth buying!

Mike

Splendid

Thanks for the reply.

I have checked the desktop and can only see icons (no programs, pictures,
etc. to be seen). When I check the size of the "desktop" folder within the
profile, it is only 180K.

"Lanwench [MVP - Exchange]" wrote:

> In news:65FCC743-6AEC-4A4B-972E-09C3E72772A4@microsoft.com,
> Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> > How do I go about finding out why a profile is a large as it is? I
> > have 3 profiles on one laptop -- one is 30MB, one is 90MB and one is
> > 2450MB (2.5 GB). I am concerned about the 2.5GB profile.
> >
> > Or, should I not be concerned?
> >
> > Mike
>
> You probably have stuff on the desktop, and My Documents hasn't been
> redirected elsewhere (which I always like to do). Google for TreeSize Pro
> and try the eval - it's a very handy utility. Worth buying!

Mike

Splendid

Let me clarify, when I mentioned "icons" I meant shortcut icons.

In news:2FE02488-D240-462C-8BCE-5C6A007DDEA2@microsoft.com,
Mike <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> Let me clarify, when I mentioned "icons" I meant shortcut icons.

OK.
Use TreeSize Pro and you'll see where stuff is hiding.

From: "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Let me clarify, when I mentioned "icons" I meant shortcut icons.
|
| "Mike" wrote:

It could be your IE cache as it is in your profile. The iE cache only needs to be about
10MB !

It could be you data you stored your "My Documents" folder or it could be data stored by
various software in your "Application Data" tree.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm