Remote wonder II kapput

Dood

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

hello.
first of all i so regret deleting my old windows where RW2 worked :(

ok. problem is my receiver is detected as a controller and when i press
there is no light

this is what my system is doing to me
http://www.geocities.com/dood1411/USB.JPG

ok. so what did i try?
well i installed 6 times windows xp SP1 and SP2, rw driver ver 2.5(CD),
3.01,3.02
also changed hardware, direct usb feed, hub, old computer (where the rw2 was
workin)
upgrade things didnt help, neither does kicking it.

and how come ATI doesnt have free tech support number

if you have any bright idea. ANYTHING. i would appreciated.

-regards El Dood

This is a common problem. Same thing happened to me. All was working
fine, but MMC 9.08 froze when trying to record more than one show.
Reformatted and re-installed all software and now remote doesn't work.
Try the Multimedia Remote Wonder forum at www.rage3d.com for
somethings that have worked for some people.

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 01:03:01 -0400, "DooD" <chino13_@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>hello.
>first of all i so regret deleting my old windows where RW2 worked :(
>
>ok. problem is my receiver is detected as a controller and when i press
>there is no light
>
>this is what my system is doing to me
>http://www.geocities.com/dood1411/USB.JPG
>
>ok. so what did i try?
>well i installed 6 times windows xp SP1 and SP2, rw driver ver 2.5(CD),
>3.01,3.02
>also changed hardware, direct usb feed, hub, old computer (where the rw2 was
>workin)
>upgrade things didnt help, neither does kicking it.
>
>and how come ATI doesnt have free tech support number
>
>if you have any bright idea. ANYTHING. i would appreciated.
>
>-regards El Dood

Dood

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

thx for the reply, yeah i went to rage3d first nothing they suggested work,
i've email ATI customer support, i guess i'll wait and see
what have you try that work would be nice
-regards El Dood

"Killian" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message
> This is a common problem. Same thing happened to me. All was working
> fine, but MMC 9.08 froze when trying to record more than one show.
> Reformatted and re-installed all software and now remote doesn't work.
> Try the Multimedia Remote Wonder forum at www.rage3d.com for
> somethings that have worked for some people.
>
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 01:03:01 -0400, "DooD" <chino13_@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>hello.
>>first of all i so regret deleting my old windows where RW2 worked :(
>>
>>ok. problem is my receiver is detected as a controller and when i press
>>there is no light
>>
>>this is what my system is doing to me
>>http://www.geocities.com/dood1411/USB.JPG
>>
>>ok. so what did i try?
>>well i installed 6 times windows xp SP1 and SP2, rw driver ver 2.5(CD),
>>3.01,3.02
>>also changed hardware, direct usb feed, hub, old computer (where the rw2
>>was
>>workin)
>>upgrade things didnt help, neither does kicking it.
>>
>>and how come ATI doesnt have free tech support number
>>
>>if you have any bright idea. ANYTHING. i would appreciated.
>>
>>-regards El Dood

Same here. I had high hopes when I saw several different solutions at
rage3d and figured one of them would work. None did. I am one of
those who has the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the sys tray
(instead of the remote control icon) when the remote receiver is
plugged into the USB port . There are several people with this
problem and so far I have not seen any fixes or solutions for it. Let
us know what they tell you. I can't beoieve ATI hasn't heard more
about this or come up with a solution yet as there are quite a few
people with the problem and is easy to duplicate.

"DooD" <chino13_@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> hello.
> first of all i so regret deleting my old windows where RW2 worked :(
>
> ok. problem is my receiver is detected as a controller and when i press
> there is no light
>
> this is what my system is doing to me
> http://www.geocities.com/dood1411/USB.JPG
>
> ok. so what did i try?
> well i installed 6 times windows xp SP1 and SP2, rw driver ver 2.5(CD),
> 3.01,3.02
> also changed hardware, direct usb feed, hub, old computer (where the rw2
was
> workin)
> upgrade things didnt help, neither does kicking it.
>
> and how come ATI doesnt have free tech support number
>
> if you have any bright idea. ANYTHING. i would appreciated.
>
> -regards El Dood

Did you install RW drivers before attaching the device?
Do you have the latest drivers for the M/B chipset:?
Have you installed M$ updates? An update to the M$ Installer was issued a
few weeks ago.
When you look at the Power tab in USB Port Hub(s), does one of them have USB
Composite Device>Power required:100mA or another non-zero value?

This is what I would do if the answer to the last 3 above was yes. Remove
the RW hardware. Uninstall RW drivers in Add/Remove. Remove all devices
under Universal Serial Bus Controller. Reboot so they reinstall. Install RW
drivers. Connect hardware.
Good Luck

Dood

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004

well the product was within a year so, i return it to where i bought it and
exchange it
work perfectly.

now i see that the problem happen even before it broke.
now i see a solid light. before i didnt even see a light until i push

hardware issue.

thx for all the help tho

> Same here. I had high hopes when I saw several different solutions at
> rage3d and figured one of them would work. None did. I am one of
> those who has the "Safely remove hardware" icon in the sys tray
> (instead of the remote control icon) when the remote receiver is
> plugged into the USB port . There are several people with this
> problem and so far I have not seen any fixes or solutions for it. Let
> us know what they tell you. I can't beoieve ATI hasn't heard more
> about this or come up with a solution yet as there are quite a few
> people with the problem and is easy to duplicate.
>
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 11:40:07 -0400, "DooD" <chino13_@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>thx for the reply, yeah i went to rage3d first nothing they suggested
>>work,
>>i've email ATI customer support, i guess i'll wait and see
>>what have you try that work would be nice
>>-regards El Dood
>>
>>"Killian" <dontemailme@all.com> wrote in message
>>> This is a common problem. Same thing happened to me. All was working
>>> fine, but MMC 9.08 froze when trying to record more than one show.
>>> Reformatted and re-installed all software and now remote doesn't work.
>>> Try the Multimedia Remote Wonder forum at www.rage3d.com for
>>> somethings that have worked for some people.

Where did you buy it from? I bought mine from Newegg and I believe
they have a one year replacement. I hate to have to send the whole
video card and receiver in for warranty service and have the computer
down until it is returned. Maybe I can send in just teh receiver to
ATI. Thanks as I think I have the same problem, harware problem.

DooD wrote:
> hello.
> first of all i so regret deleting my old windows where RW2 worked :(
>
> ok. problem is my receiver is detected as a controller and when i press
> there is no light

I got that problem recently and it was because of a conflict with a
driver that got installed with Microsoft's windows update. It is the
update to windriver.

The way I did to clean the thing up was:
1) uninstall remote wonder II software (may need to reboot).
2) Goto C:\windows\inf and search for all the oem###.inf that contains
the word "windriver".
3) Remove or move out of there the oem###.inf and oem###.pnf
4) Regedit and remove all entries that contains "windriver"
5) Remove windriver.* and x10*.* from C:\windows\system32 and
C:\windows\system32\driver.
6) Reboot
7) Re-install the remote wonder II software.