TIVO freeware for Radeon 9700PRO AIW???

Is there a good freeware alternative to the "MULTIMEDIA CENTER TV"? I
have a Radeon 9700PRO AIW, and most of the TIVO software supports
Hauppauge or others.

At my comp wrote:

> Is there a good freeware alternative to the "MULTIMEDIA CENTER TV"? I
> have a Radeon 9700PRO AIW, and most of the TIVO software supports
> Hauppauge or others.

For an AIW, no, there is no good freeware alternative. "myhtpc" was good
and free, but it is now called "meedio" and is no longer free.

If you're going to spend money for something anyway, either ditch the AIW in
favor of something with a standard commercially popular chipset and go to
mythtv under Linux, or just get a copy of Windows Media Center Edition
2005. Those are the two best alternatives. But before you go to MCE, make
sure that you get feedback from someone who is actually doing it to the
effect that the ATI driver really lets you run it on an AIW without a
second tuner.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

"At my comp" <comp22@aospam.com> wrote in message
> Is there a good freeware alternative to the "MULTIMEDIA CENTER TV"? I have
> a Radeon 9700PRO AIW, and most of the TIVO software supports Hauppauge or
> others.

I don't have an answer for a good *freeware replacement (certainly nothing
that provides as much functionality as the free ATI MMC software) but if you
post the problem(s) your having here and your full system specs, I (and I'm
sure others too) will try to help you get it working as designed.

Paul