TIVO freeware for Radeon 9700PRO AIW???

Is there a good freeware alternative to the "MULTIMEDIA CENTER TV"? I
have a Radeon 9700PRO AIW, and most of the TIVO software supports
Hauppauge or others.
2 answers Last reply
More about tivo freeware radeon 9700pro

    At my comp wrote:

    > Is there a good freeware alternative to the "MULTIMEDIA CENTER TV"? I
    > have a Radeon 9700PRO AIW, and most of the TIVO software supports
    > Hauppauge or others.

    For an AIW, no, there is no good freeware alternative. "myhtpc" was good
    and free, but it is now called "meedio" and is no longer free.

    If you're going to spend money for something anyway, either ditch the AIW in
    favor of something with a standard commercially popular chipset and go to
    mythtv under Linux, or just get a copy of Windows Media Center Edition
    2005. Those are the two best alternatives. But before you go to MCE, make
    sure that you get feedback from someone who is actually doing it to the
    effect that the ATI driver really lets you run it on an AIW without a
    second tuner.

    --
    --John
    to email, dial "usenet" and validate

    "At my comp" <comp22@aospam.com> wrote in message
    > Is there a good freeware alternative to the "MULTIMEDIA CENTER TV"? I have
    > a Radeon 9700PRO AIW, and most of the TIVO software supports Hauppauge or
    > others.

    I don't have an answer for a good *freeware replacement (certainly nothing
    that provides as much functionality as the free ATI MMC software) but if you
    post the problem(s) your having here and your full system specs, I (and I'm
    sure others too) will try to help you get it working as designed.

    Paul

Radeon Tivo Freeware Graphics