  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
Share
February 16, 2005 12:22:56 PM

Probably been posted here before - sorry if this is the case...

http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21105

Personally, I've never had any problems with Steam, and installing HL2
Collectors Ed. over the weekend was no problem (although it took rather a
long time...), but the legal ramifications are quite interesting.

More about : hl2 legal issues

February 16, 2005 3:28:31 PM

interesting article, but the law needs to be changed to protect the
consumer.
Call Bill Gates and see if he will help, if you get my drift.

"Nick" <nick@yourstuff.com> wrote in message
> Probably been posted here before - sorry if this is the case...
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21105
>
> Personally, I've never had any problems with Steam, and installing HL2
> Collectors Ed. over the weekend was no problem (although it took rather a
> long time...), but the legal ramifications are quite interesting.

February 17, 2005 4:02:47 AM

Nick wrote:
> Probably been posted here before - sorry if this is the case...
>
> http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=21105
>
> Personally, I've never had any problems with Steam, and installing HL2
> Collectors Ed. over the weekend was no problem (although it took rather a
> long time...), but the legal ramifications are quite interesting.

I liked the non-fanatical tone of the article. Pretty pragmatic but
leaning a bit towards the consumer. On the other hand, they seemed not
to browbeat Valve for what looks like poor business planning.

Thanks for posting the link
!