Creative Mixer

john

Splendid
Aug 25, 2003
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.soundcard.sblive,alt.computer,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Hello.

I have the Creative SB Audigy Mixer. Its for my ZS2 soundcard.

How do I get the source to always remain selected on S/PDIF-IN and for
the recording option to also always be S/PDIF?

It's just that whenever I cross out the other options and have only
those selected, and then open the ATI TV Tuner, it takes the cross out
of Wave as the source, and it changes the recording option to
Auxiliary 2! Also when I click to record from the TV in the ATI TV
Tuner it also changes these settings. As a result I have quite a few
recordings with no sound.

It is really bugging me this and I'd like to fix it once and for all.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

John

Jez

John wrote:
> Hello.
>
> I have the Creative SB Audigy Mixer. Its for my ZS2 soundcard.
>
> How do I get the source to always remain selected on S/PDIF-IN and for
> the recording option to also always be S/PDIF?
>
> It's just that whenever I cross out the other options and have only
> those selected, and then open the ATI TV Tuner, it takes the cross out
> of Wave as the source, and it changes the recording option to
> Auxiliary 2! Also when I click to record from the TV in the ATI TV
> Tuner it also changes these settings. As a result I have quite a few
> recordings with no sound.

Yip, sound like the Creative mixer to me !
I have to do the same sort of thing, depending on what I'm doing.
If I'm on Yahoo messenger, and someone wants to do a voice-conference,
after starting the voice session, I have to go into the Creative mixer,
tell it to record from line in2/mic in 2, then Yahoo works.
So, then maybe we set up a game of Battlefield 2, which has it's own
built-in VOIP thing.
Which means I have to go into the audio set-up in the game....run the
test mic, hit alt/tab to minimize the game, then turn off the Yahoo
voice, change the Creative mixer settings, (because it'll have gone back
to mic recording !), back to line2/mic2..test the audio.....and on with
the game.

Same bloody process for every different damn recording source !
It works, but can be rather annoying !

> It is really bugging me this and I'd like to fix it once and for all.

Me too !

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

I've never come across any solutions, but hey, we live in hope eh ?

--
Jez, MBA.,
Country Dancing and Advanced Astrology, UBS.

'Realism is seductive because once you have accepted the reasonable
notion that you should base your actions on reality, you are too often
led to accept, without much questioning, someone else's version of what
that reality is. It is a crucial act of independent thinking to be
skeptical of someone else's description of reality.'-
Howard Zinn