Can I delete the "owner account"

August 6, 2005 4:01:11 PM

My computer came with an "owner account" established and I have since built
other functioning user accounts. I no longer use "owner".
Can I delete the "owner account" now?

More about : delete owner account

August 7, 2005 5:35:37 AM

"" wrote:
> My computer came with an "owner account" established and I
> have since built
> other functioning user accounts. I no longer use "owner".
> Can I delete the "owner account" now?

Probably, aslong as nothing depends on it for any thing.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-delete-owne...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1344016
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 7, 2005 12:08:02 PM

Dave wrote:
> My computer came with an "owner account" established and I have since
> built other functioning user accounts. I no longer use "owner".
> Can I delete the "owner account" now?

*If* you do not use it any longer and are sure you have everything off of it
you need.. Likely - it is your computer.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP