Firingsquad HL2 optimisation guide

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
helpful to some people:
http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp
More about firingsquad optimisation guide
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Thx Andy.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:02:47 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
    wrote:

    >Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
    >helpful to some people:
    >http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp

    I've got a better one.
    Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select HL2 and uninstall it.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Walter Mitty wrote:

    > How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
    > piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already
    displayed
    > that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
    > opportunity).

    Go Mitty!!!
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    >>Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
    >>helpful to some people:
    >>http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp
    >
    > I've got a better one.
    > Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select HL2 and uninstall it.

    An IQ of 130 and you don't know wtf you're talking about.
    lol.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Chris Pound wrote:
    > On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:02:47 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
    >>helpful to some people:
    >>http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp
    >

    > I've got a better one.
    > Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select HL2 and uninstall it.

    How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
    piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
    that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
    opportunity).
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:11:27 +0100, Walter Mitty
    <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

    >How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
    >piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
    >that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
    >opportunity).

    Is HL2 so intrusive it becomes embedded and has to have its own
    special way to uninstall? More Valve arrogance. A Steamless machine is
    a clean machine.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Chris Pound wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:11:27 +0100, Walter Mitty
    > <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
    >>piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
    >>that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
    >>opportunity).
    >

    > Is HL2 so intrusive it becomes embedded and has to have its own
    > special way to uninstall? More Valve arrogance. A Steamless machine is
    > a clean machine.

    Less intrusive than other games and software actually. Right-click on
    game and choose 'delete game content'. That's it. Steam is uninstalled
    from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though I dont see why
    anyone would want to do that...

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:02:32 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
    wrote:

    >Less intrusive than other games and software actually. Right-click on
    >game and choose 'delete game content'. That's it.

    And nothing is left in the registry? I bet not.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    wrote:

    >Steam is uninstalled
    >from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though

    And there we have it. I was right all along. By HL2 I of course meant
    Steam along with it.

    >I dont see why
    >anyone would want to do that...

    Yea, sure, beats looking at porno pics I guess.
  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Chris Pound wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:11:27 +0100, Walter Mitty
    > <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
    >

    >>How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
    >>piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
    >>that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
    >>opportunity).
    >

    > Is HL2 so intrusive it becomes embedded and has to have its own
    > special way to uninstall? More Valve arrogance. A Steamless machine is
    > a clean machine.

    No. It is a subcomponent of the Steam Game Manager. It is removed from
    Steam - simply : options, delete game content. In the same way it can be
    backed up to variable sized media from within Steam - simply : right
    mouse click- backup game files.

    You really should quit while you're only so far behind. You do look
    incredibly stupid jumping in and spouting off about things you appear to
    have no first hand experience of. If you want to be the new angry voice
    of gamers everywhere now that diFool has been killfiled by everyone,
    then I suggest you find a topic you are familiar with.

    Paranoia is not a disease, it's a condition you can work on.... Think
    flowers and birds singing....

    On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:12:26 -0800, Chris Kinky <Klink@here.noemail>
    wrote:

    >And nothing is left in the registry? I bet not.

    Jack Harney
    AKA "Cannon Fodder"
    AKA "Grumpy Old Fart
    AKA "Certified Senior Curmudgeon"
    From Civ - 5 "I have the cultural tact of a Cuban Pig" Points.

    "Never argue with an idiot, they'll
    drag you down to their level and beat
    you with experience..."
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Chris Klink wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:02:32 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Steam is uninstalled
    >
    >>from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though
    >
    > And there we have it. I was right all along. By HL2 I of course meant
    > Steam along with it.

    ....of course

    >>I dont see why
    >>anyone would want to do that...
    >

    > Yea, sure, beats looking at porno pics I guess.

    I can do both. Your point?

    --
    "The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
    so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

    Bertrand Russell
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

    Chris Klink wrote:
    > On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:02:32 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
    > wrote:
    >

    >>Steam is uninstalled
    >
    >>from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though
    >
    > And there we have it. I was right all along. By HL2 I of course meant
    > Steam along with it.
    >

    >>I dont see why
    >>anyone would want to do that...
    >

    > Yea, sure, beats looking at porno pics I guess.

    What is it with trolling retards like yourself that you feel the need to
    change your usenet moniker in order to escape killfiles?

    Chris Pound becomes Chris "Kink" (rolls eyes). Chris Dickhead more like.

Games IBM Video Games