Firingsquad HL2 optimisation guide

Andrew

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
helpful to some people:
http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:02:47 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
wrote:

>Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
>helpful to some people:
>http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp

I've got a better one.
Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select HL2 and uninstall it.

Walter Mitty wrote:

> How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
> piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already
displayed
> that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
> opportunity).

Go Mitty!!!

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

>>Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
>>helpful to some people:
>>http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp
>
> I've got a better one.
> Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select HL2 and uninstall it.

An IQ of 130 and you don't know wtf you're talking about.
lol.

Chris Pound wrote:
> On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:02:47 +0000, Andrew <spamtrap@localhost.>
> wrote:
>

>>Firingsquad have put up an optimization guide to HL2 that might be
>>helpful to some people:
>>http://www.firingsquad.com/guides/half_life_2_optimization/default.asp
>

> I've got a better one.
> Control Panel/Add or Remove Programs. Select HL2 and uninstall it.

How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
opportunity).

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:11:27 +0100, Walter Mitty
<mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
>piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
>that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
>opportunity).

Is HL2 so intrusive it becomes embedded and has to have its own
special way to uninstall? More Valve arrogance. A Steamless machine is
a clean machine.

shawk

Chris Pound wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:11:27 +0100, Walter Mitty
> <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
>>piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
>>that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
>>opportunity).
>

> Is HL2 so intrusive it becomes embedded and has to have its own
> special way to uninstall? More Valve arrogance. A Steamless machine is
> a clean machine.

Less intrusive than other games and software actually. Right-click on
game and choose 'delete game content'. That's it. Steam is uninstalled
from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though I dont see why
anyone would want to do that...

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russell

Archived from groups: alt.games.half-life,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action (More info?)

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:02:32 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
wrote:

>Less intrusive than other games and software actually. Right-click on
>game and choose 'delete game content'. That's it.

And nothing is left in the registry? I bet not.

wrote:

>Steam is uninstalled
>from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though

And there we have it. I was right all along. By HL2 I of course meant
Steam along with it.

>I dont see why
>anyone would want to do that...

Yea, sure, beats looking at porno pics I guess.

Chris Pound wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 21:11:27 +0100, Walter Mitty
> <mitticus@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>

>>How would that optimize this wonderful game and multi-award winning
>>piece of SW? (ps it also wont uninstall it, but you've already displayed
>>that you're a clueless dweeb making an arse of yourself at every
>>opportunity).
>

> Is HL2 so intrusive it becomes embedded and has to have its own
> special way to uninstall? More Valve arrogance. A Steamless machine is
> a clean machine.

No. It is a subcomponent of the Steam Game Manager. It is removed from
Steam - simply : options, delete game content. In the same way it can be
backed up to variable sized media from within Steam - simply : right
mouse click- backup game files.

You really should quit while you're only so far behind. You do look
incredibly stupid jumping in and spouting off about things you appear to
have no first hand experience of. If you want to be the new angry voice
of gamers everywhere now that diFool has been killfiled by everyone,
then I suggest you find a topic you are familiar with.

Paranoia is not a disease, it's a condition you can work on.... Think
flowers and birds singing....

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:12:26 -0800, Chris Kinky <Klink@here.noemail>
wrote:

>And nothing is left in the registry? I bet not.

Jack Harney
AKA "Cannon Fodder"
AKA "Grumpy Old Fart
AKA "Certified Senior Curmudgeon"
From Civ - 5 "I have the cultural tact of a Cuban Pig" Points.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll
drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience..."

shawk

Chris Klink wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:02:32 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
> wrote:
>

>>Steam is uninstalled
>
>>from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though
>
> And there we have it. I was right all along. By HL2 I of course meant
> Steam along with it.

....of course

>>I dont see why
>>anyone would want to do that...
>

> Yea, sure, beats looking at porno pics I guess.

I can do both. Your point?

--

Chris Klink wrote:
> On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 23:02:32 +0000, Shawk <shawk@clara.co.uk.3guesses>
> wrote:
>

>>Steam is uninstalled
>
>>from the 'add/remove' in control panel as normal though
>
> And there we have it. I was right all along. By HL2 I of course meant
> Steam along with it.
>

>>I dont see why
>>anyone would want to do that...
>

> Yea, sure, beats looking at porno pics I guess.

What is it with trolling retards like yourself that you feel the need to
change your usenet moniker in order to escape killfiles?

Chris Pound becomes Chris "Kink" (rolls eyes). Chris Dickhead more like.

TRENDING THREADS