Slide Show software

roy

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2003

Anyone recommend some good software for producing slideshows on CDs that can
be used in a domestic DVD player

Thanks Roy

"Roy" <86@dddsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Anyone recommend some good software for producing slideshows on CDs that
can
> be used in a domestic DVD player
>
> Thanks Roy

The Full version (not bundled) of just about any CD burner software can burn
a jpeg slideshow. The DVD player must support playing jpeg files. Not all
players do.

--
CSM1
http://www.carlmcmillan.com

"Roy" <86@dddsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> Anyone recommend some good software for producing slideshows on CDs that
can
> be used in a domestic DVD player
>
> Thanks Roy

You can download the free trial version of Paint Shop Photo Shop from
www.jasc.com. If it does what you want, then you can buy it.

Slide shows that play on DVD players are recorded in VCD format on CDR
disks. They should play on most DVD players - the ability of the deck to
play JPG files should not be an issue.

The Dazzle USB media card readers come with a program called ON DVD which
does a basic slide show. I have seen these for as little as $10 at Radio
Shack.

Roxio Photosuite Platinum has a pretty good program for this. The disk you
make with this will play in CD ROM drive of computer or in DVD player. I got
version 5 cheap at Staples because they just came out with version 7.

Ulead also has a package for this but I have not used it.