Mobility Radeon 9000 drivers- Help

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b \ Driver
July 9, 2005 6:11:08 PM

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop. I need the latest drivers for the radeon
9000 video card and keep running into brick walls. Dell tech linked me to
their drivers, which I downloaded and installed, but for some reason they
don't find their way to the card. Even if I direct the driver update wizard
to the address where they were installed, it says nothing is there.
If I go to the ATI website, click on drivers for XP, it directs me to things
beyond " mobility radeon 9000" and I'm not sure which to choose.
Any help would be appreciated, RBM
July 10, 2005 8:18:45 AM

RBM wrote:
> I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop. I need the latest drivers for the radeon
> 9000 video card and keep running into brick walls. Dell tech linked me to
> their drivers, which I downloaded and installed, but for some reason they
> don't find their way to the card. Even if I direct the driver update wizard
> to the address where they were installed, it says nothing is there.
> If I go to the ATI website, click on drivers for XP, it directs me to things
> beyond " mobility radeon 9000" and I'm not sure which to choose.
> Any help would be appreciated, RBM

Remove any existing driver and try these reference Catalyst Mobility
ones from ATi which ought to be fine.
https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
Tested on: 10/07/2005 04:18:45
July 10, 2005 8:23:48 AM

Not the link I just posted, I'm a wally.

Try this for a standard reference Catalyst 5.6 driver. You are correct
that the Mobilty driver is for newer chips than yours.

Uninstaller:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

Driver:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-6_xp-2k_dd_23864.exe

Control Panel:
http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-6_xp-2k_cp_23864.exe

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
Tested on: 10/07/2005 04:23:49