Mobility Radeon 9000 drivers- Help

I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop. I need the latest drivers for the radeon
9000 video card and keep running into brick walls. Dell tech linked me to
their drivers, which I downloaded and installed, but for some reason they
don't find their way to the card. Even if I direct the driver update wizard
to the address where they were installed, it says nothing is there.
If I go to the ATI website, click on drivers for XP, it directs me to things
beyond " mobility radeon 9000" and I'm not sure which to choose.
Any help would be appreciated, RBM
2 answers Last reply
More about mobility radeon 9000 drivers help

    RBM wrote:
    > I have a Dell Inspiron 8500 laptop. I need the latest drivers for the radeon
    > 9000 video card and keep running into brick walls. Dell tech linked me to
    > their drivers, which I downloaded and installed, but for some reason they
    > don't find their way to the card. Even if I direct the driver update wizard
    > to the address where they were installed, it says nothing is there.
    > If I go to the ATI website, click on drivers for XP, it directs me to things
    > beyond " mobility radeon 9000" and I'm not sure which to choose.
    > Any help would be appreciated, RBM

    Remove any existing driver and try these reference Catalyst Mobility
    ones from ATi which ought to be fine.
    https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&folderID=27

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
    Tested on: 10/07/2005 04:18:45

    Not the link I just posted, I'm a wally.

    Try this for a standard reference Catalyst 5.6 driver. You are correct
    that the Mobilty driver is for newer chips than yours.

    Uninstaller:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/cat-uninstaller.exe

    Driver:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-6_xp-2k_dd_23864.exe

    Control Panel:
    http://www2.ati.com/drivers/5-6_xp-2k_cp_23864.exe

    ---
    Virus Database (VPS): 0527-2, 08/07/2005
    Tested on: 10/07/2005 04:23:49

Radeon Drivers Mobility Radeon Graphics