Windows Security Center.AntiVirusDisableNotify

george

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2001

I have Windows XP with all of the latest updates, SP2, etc.

I run Spybot Search & Destroy periodically to check for spyware. Today it
found the problem I wrote in the subject line. Spybot is saying this is a
registry change. Is it legitimate, or should I let Spybot clear it? Thanks.

Dan

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Same to happened me. I found out I that the way the security center alerts
you for that section is unchecked. I use McAfee security center so I ignored
it. What Spybot's saying is that you won't be alerted if your antivirus is
not currently running.
If you tried Ad-Aware you won't see this listed there.