ATI Radeon 9800 Pro Problems...

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
July 10, 2005 10:25:12 PM

HI

Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank screen
and/or display corruption.

Thanks
NBK
July 11, 2005 1:56:44 AM

NBK wrote:
> HI
>
> Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
> Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank screen
> and/or display corruption.
>
> Thanks
> NBK

Has it worked before in your system or is it a new card?

It sounds like a power issue, but we need more information.

Ray
July 11, 2005 2:36:42 PM

Ray wrote:
> NBK wrote:
>
>> HI
>>
>> Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
>> Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank
>> screen and/or display corruption.
>>
>> Thanks
>> NBK
>

> Has it worked before in your system or is it a new card?
>
> It sounds like a power issue, but we need more information.
>
> Ray
It has worked flawlessly in the past in this system.

My Specs: Intel 3.4e MHz Processor SL7E6 Costa Rica, Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
HSF, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe v. 2.0 1021 BIOS, Audigy MP3+, Crucial 2x512
PC-3200, Samsung DVD Combo SM-348B, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Floppy Disk
Drive, Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550 Watt PSU, Lian-Li PC-61 Case, ATI
Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP SP2
Related resources
July 11, 2005 7:08:20 PM

NBK wrote:
> Ray wrote:
>
>> NBK wrote:
>>
>>> HI
>>>
>>> Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
>>> Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank
>>> screen and/or display corruption.
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> NBK
>>

>> Has it worked before in your system or is it a new card?
>>
>> It sounds like a power issue, but we need more information.
>>
>> Ray
>
> It has worked flawlessly in the past in this system.
>
> My Specs: Intel 3.4e MHz Processor SL7E6 Costa Rica, Zalman CNPS7000B-CU
> HSF, ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe v. 2.0 1021 BIOS, Audigy MP3+, Crucial 2x512
> PC-3200, Samsung DVD Combo SM-348B, Maxtor 40Gb HDD PATA, Floppy Disk
> Drive, Enermax EG651P-VE FMA 550 Watt PSU, Lian-Li PC-61 Case, ATI
> Radeon 9800 Pro, Windows XP SP2

HI

I tried the ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in another sytem built around a
P4P800-Deluxe and had similar results.

Thanks
NBK
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:59:50 PM

1. Are you using an LCD display connected via the DVI port?
2. Can you boot into safe mode and get the card to show anything?

"NBK" <NBK@spam.must.die.com> wrote in message
> HI
>
> Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
> Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank screen
> and/or display corruption.
>
> Thanks
> NBK
Anonymous
July 22, 2005 4:41:01 AM

No LCD. Yes to the SAFE Mode thing. The PC works fine except for running
ATI multimedia programs. I do SAFE mode now and then. I look for
duplicated devices, old devices that are gone, etc.

What is your idea?

Bill S.

> 1. Are you using an LCD display connected via the DVI port?
> 2. Can you boot into safe mode and get the card to show anything?

> "NBK" <NBK@spam.must.die.com> wrote in message
> > HI
> >
> > Anytime i put my ATI Radeon 9800 Pro in its slot, i cannot get into
> > Windows XP SP2 and this is after a clean install. I get a blank screen
> > and/or display corruption.
> >
> > Thanks
> > NBK

Anonymous
July 22, 2005 4:43:06 AM

Hey. I wrote back to a post that wasn't in my thread. Jesus ! It sounded
like it was.

!