Viewing/Organizing Web Favorites and PIE Favorites

May 2, 2004 12:30:48 PM

I have various webcast URLs saved between Pocket Internet Explorer
"Favorites"
and Windows Media Player (PPC version 8.5) on my PocketPC 2002 PDA.

A) Is there any way to have both lists shown in one list, so I don't
have to go searching both places when I want to play a stream? (With
URLs viewable/editable?)

B) Neither PIE nor WMP allow you to view or edit the URLs once they
are entered. Quite a number of times, I've wanted to view the URLS.
For
PIE favorites, the URLs are in a folder, and I can open the files in
an editor (a pain, but doable). For WMP, the "Web Favorites" are in
a database. Is there any way to view/edit what's in the DB?

Thanks - please reply in the newsgroup.
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 11:16:16 PM

One of the simplest solutions is to build a bookmark html file... for
example Netscape/Mozilla bookmarks are stored as html files.

Using any html editor, you can build a custom favorites page, then
either create a single "favorite" that points to this page (stored in
main memory) or set it as your "home" page in pie.

Don't have much experience with wmp, but would assume that you would be
able to create a single "favorite" there as well that points to the same
or similar file.

If anyone is interested, I have put one of the ones that I use on my ppc
at http://BevHoward.com/Comics.htm Feel free to download it and modify
it to meet your own needs.

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
May 2, 2004 11:21:30 PM

Note that you can edit the source code of html files on the ppc with
pWord, plus there are a couple of ppc based html files around as well.

Beverly Howard
Anonymous
May 3, 2004 4:31:54 AM

> B) Neither PIE nor WMP allow you to view or edit the URLs once they
> are entered. Quite a number of times, I've wanted to view the URLS.
> For
> PIE favorites, the URLs are in a folder, and I can open the files in
> an editor (a pain, but doable). For WMP, the "Web Favorites" are in
> a database. Is there any way to view/edit what's in the DB?

Nope...
There is no such app as I recon.

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski