Difference between radeon 9200 128-bit & 9250 64-bit

Hi. My Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200 broke and I took it to the shop as it was
still under warranty. They gave me brand new 9250 instead saying it's the
same as 9200.
9200 I had was 128 MB, 128-bit. And this 9250 is also 128 MB but 64-bit.
Will this card have the same performance as the old one, did I got something
better or worse? Please let me know and let me know if there's any
comparison chart that I can use. Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about difference radeon 9200 9250

    "Kid-A" <trailerzzz66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. My Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200 broke and I took it to the shop as it was
    > still under warranty. They gave me brand new 9250 instead saying it's the
    > same as 9200.
    > 9200 I had was 128 MB, 128-bit. And this 9250 is also 128 MB but 64-bit.
    > Will this card have the same performance as the old one, did I got
    > something
    > better or worse? Please let me know and let me know if there's any
    > comparison chart that I can use. Thanks.

    You got something worse by a fair bit. A straight 128bit 9200 has double the
    bandwidth. The card they replaced it with is without question the lowest of
    the low currently available and costs about $39. Your original one is about
    2 notches up and a better performer.

    "Kid-A" <trailerzzz66@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. My Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200 broke and I took it to the shop as it was
    > still under warranty. They gave me brand new 9250 instead saying it's the
    > same as 9200.
    > 9200 I had was 128 MB, 128-bit. And this 9250 is also 128 MB but 64-bit.
    > Will this card have the same performance as the old one, did I got
    > something
    > better or worse? Please let me know and let me know if there's any
    > comparison chart that I can use. Thanks.

    Your new card has half the memory bandwidth and thats a big performance drop
    on an already slow card. Go back and raise hell.

    Kid-A wrote:
    > Hi. My Sapphire ATI Radeon 9200 broke and I took it to the shop as it was
    > still under warranty. They gave me brand new 9250 instead saying it's the
    > same as 9200.
    > 9200 I had was 128 MB, 128-bit. And this 9250 is also 128 MB but 64-bit.
    > Will this card have the same performance as the old one, did I got something
    > better or worse? Please let me know and let me know if there's any
    > comparison chart that I can use. Thanks.

    They lied to you. Memory bandwidth is very important, a 64bit card is
    the very low end and is crippled, even if the core is faster.

Radeon ATI Graphics