Best Catalyst OpenGL driver for 9800 Pro and Doom3?

I get a lot of stuttering when monsters pop in or when I open a door or
round a corner to a complex room I've never been to. I've upped my
image_cachemegs to 1200 (is that really 1.2GB?). I've got 2GB (in
dual-channel) on an NF7s v2.0 with a mobile athlon running at 2560Mhz. The
stuttering mostly happens on large fan-made maps.

--
there is no .sig

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

Doug wrote:
> I get a lot of stuttering when monsters pop in or when I open a door or
> round a corner to a complex room I've never been to. I've upped my
> image_cachemegs to 1200 (is that really 1.2GB?). I've got 2GB (in
> dual-channel) on an NF7s v2.0 with a mobile athlon running at 2560Mhz. The
> stuttering mostly happens on large fan-made maps.

You could try setting the AGP Apperture size in BIOS to 256MB,it helps
some people, and try the new Cats 5.7 or DNA Cats 5.6 that include some
optimizations.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535

Already done, I'm at 256MB. I wonder if a 512MB AGP aperture size would
help?

--
there is no .sig
"Glitch" <glitch_120@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Doug wrote:
>> I get a lot of stuttering when monsters pop in or when I open a door or
>> round a corner to a complex room I've never been to. I've upped my
>> image_cachemegs to 1200 (is that really 1.2GB?). I've got 2GB (in
>> dual-channel) on an NF7s v2.0 with a mobile athlon running at 2560Mhz.
>> The stuttering mostly happens on large fan-made maps.
>>

> You could try setting the AGP Apperture size in BIOS to 256MB,it helps
> some people, and try the new Cats 5.7 or DNA Cats 5.6 that include some
> optimizations.
>

> --
> Glitches are BAD!!!
> Beware...
>
> ICQ:275699535

Glitch

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2004

Doug wrote:
> Already done, I'm at 256MB. I wonder if a 512MB AGP aperture size would
> help?

Nope, wouldn't help, it might even reduce the performance.

--
Glitches are BAD!!!
Beware...

ICQ:275699535