Cat 5.7 w/High or Optimal Quality breaks LimeWire

Verified this:

Catalyst 5.7 and "High Quality" or "Optimal Quality" Direct3D settings
results in LimeWire GUI not being able to render.

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

"Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Verified this:
>
> Catalyst 5.7 and "High Quality" or "Optimal Quality" Direct3D settings
> results in LimeWire GUI not being able to render.

What do you think of that? Well, at least you were able to troubleshoot the
problem yourself. Even though I have no clue what LimeWire is, I have heard
of it more than a few times and obviously it must be important to some
users. It might be worth giving ATI a bug report on it.

5.7 and limewire work fine for me.

Tony DiMarzio wrote:
> Verified this:
>
> Catalyst 5.7 and "High Quality" or "Optimal Quality" Direct3D settings
> results in LimeWire GUI not being able to render.

Turn off AA.

That's like saying the solution to getting game X to run on your ATI is to
turn off 3D acceleration. I'll pass.

'tsa BUG! Not sure who owns the bug though... might actually be LimeWire and
not ATI. Though, this is completely new starting with 5.7.

--
Tony DiMarzio
djtone81@hotmail.com

"Jamie_Manic" <yeahbutno@slag.com> wrote in message
> Tony DiMarzio wrote:
>> Verified this:
>>
>> Catalyst 5.7 and "High Quality" or "Optimal Quality" Direct3D settings
>> results in LimeWire GUI not being able to render.
>>

> Turn off AA.

Interestingly, Catalyst 5.7 seems to have fixed the clipping/flashing
polygons in Doom3 with fast writes enabled on my system. Now I don't have to
toggle this BIOS option to view the occasional 1080p video.

If you are using RadLinker, why don't you just set "Balanced" in the ATi
drivers, then make a few game-specific RadLink shortcuts with the desired
AA/aniso settings?

"Tony DiMarzio" <djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Verified this:
>
> Catalyst 5.7 and "High Quality" or "Optimal Quality" Direct3D settings
> results in LimeWire GUI not being able to render.
>
> --
> Tony DiMarzio
> djtone81@hotmail.com
> tony.dimarzio@comcast.net

On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 08:03:50 -0400, "Tony DiMarzio"
<djtone81@hotmail.com> wrote:

>That's like saying the solution to getting game X to run on your ATI is to
>turn off 3D acceleration. I'll pass.
>
>'tsa BUG! Not sure who owns the bug though... might actually be LimeWire and
>not ATI. Though, this is completely new starting with 5.7.

You need to turn off AA to start Limewire, then you can enable AA
again once Limewire is running and it will work OK (until the next
time you need to start LimeWire that is).

It's not a new bug only to the Catalyst 5.7 drivers, I just got a X800
XL and downloaded the Catalyst 5.6 drivers and have this problem.