Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

ATI Radeon 9600XT retail - Asus A8V Deluxe incompatabiliti..

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:01:09 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Looking for some help. I've just swapped my genuine ATI All-in-Wonder 9600XT
to another machine and replaced it with a genuine ATI 9600XT. A clean
install of Windows XP Pro was done as the machine needed a cleanup. Once XP
is installed, if I right-click on My Computer and select Manage, I get a
black screen with the mouse cursor and the machine hangs, mouse will only
move horizontally. Had to cold boot but it booted back up. Loaded the
chipset drivers, tried to reboot, hangs again with the horizontal cursor.
Another cold boot and I install the sound drivers, I can reboot ok this
time. I tried another right-click on Manage, same black screen again. This
board never booted again after that. Cleared cmos, left the battery out
overnight, nothing. I have another identical board, it did similar things so
I took out the 9600XT and put in an old MVidia PCI card. All is well. The
other system the 9600XT was in has an A7N8X-E Deluxe, the AIW 9600XT is in
it and fine. The 9600XT worked fine in it for over a year. Any ideas or
similar experiences?
Thanks in advance
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 2:02:56 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

please note all the hardware (memory, hard drive, 9600XT) has been swapped
to an Intel board and it all works just fine, no problems. The hard drive
passed diagnostics and the memory has been tested as well

"zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:B3ECe.597$Qi4.126458@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Looking for some help. I've just swapped my genuine ATI All-in-Wonder
> 9600XT
> to another machine and replaced it with a genuine ATI 9600XT. A clean
> install of Windows XP Pro was done as the machine needed a cleanup. Once
> XP
> is installed, if I right-click on My Computer and select Manage, I get a
> black screen with the mouse cursor and the machine hangs, mouse will only
> move horizontally. Had to cold boot but it booted back up. Loaded the
> chipset drivers, tried to reboot, hangs again with the horizontal cursor.
> Another cold boot and I install the sound drivers, I can reboot ok this
> time. I tried another right-click on Manage, same black screen again. This
> board never booted again after that. Cleared cmos, left the battery out
> overnight, nothing. I have another identical board, it did similar things
> so
> I took out the 9600XT and put in an old MVidia PCI card. All is well. The
> other system the 9600XT was in has an A7N8X-E Deluxe, the AIW 9600XT is in
> it and fine. The 9600XT worked fine in it for over a year. Any ideas or
> similar experiences?
> Thanks in advance
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 8:55:26 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

Found the problem, reversed the IRQ for Firewire and USB controller,
everything is happy now.

"zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:h5ECe.600$Qi4.126638@news20.bellglobal.com...
> please note all the hardware (memory, hard drive, 9600XT) has been swapped
> to an Intel board and it all works just fine, no problems. The hard drive
> passed diagnostics and the memory has been tested as well
>
> "zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
> news:B3ECe.597$Qi4.126458@news20.bellglobal.com...
>> Looking for some help. I've just swapped my genuine ATI All-in-Wonder
>> 9600XT
>> to another machine and replaced it with a genuine ATI 9600XT. A clean
>> install of Windows XP Pro was done as the machine needed a cleanup. Once
>> XP
>> is installed, if I right-click on My Computer and select Manage, I get a
>> black screen with the mouse cursor and the machine hangs, mouse will only
>> move horizontally. Had to cold boot but it booted back up. Loaded the
>> chipset drivers, tried to reboot, hangs again with the horizontal cursor.
>> Another cold boot and I install the sound drivers, I can reboot ok this
>> time. I tried another right-click on Manage, same black screen again.
>> This
>> board never booted again after that. Cleared cmos, left the battery out
>> overnight, nothing. I have another identical board, it did similar things
>> so
>> I took out the 9600XT and put in an old MVidia PCI card. All is well. The
>> other system the 9600XT was in has an A7N8X-E Deluxe, the AIW 9600XT is
>> in
>> it and fine. The 9600XT worked fine in it for over a year. Any ideas or
>> similar experiences?
>> Thanks in advance
>>
>
>
Anonymous
July 20, 2005 10:56:40 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati (More info?)

You manually set IRQs for your Firewire and USB controllers?

--
"War is the continuation of politics by other means.
It can therefore be said that politics is war without
bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed."


"zzipper" <zzipper@sympatico.ca> wrote in message
news:ZGUCe.2237$je2.313954@news20.bellglobal.com...
> Found the problem, reversed the IRQ for Firewire and USB controller,
> everything is happy now.
!