LGA775 + dual PCIe x16 slots + Intel Gigabit Ethernet LAN

Ozo

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2005

I would need a board that have these characteristics:

1. Two PCI-Express graphics slots at full speed, i.e. 16x or 8x.
2. LGA 775 socket for Pentium D support
3. Onboard "Intel" LAN controller (Gigabit or 100MBit) - no Marvel or
nVidia

I can not find anything like that from any manufacturer, not even from
Intel. Can someone tell me if such a motherboard exists (from any
manufacturer)? Or anything similar that would be released soon?

Thanks,

Ozo.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"Ozo" <Ozo@whoever.com> wrote in message
>I would need a board that have these characteristics:
>
> 1. Two PCI-Express graphics slots at full speed, i.e. 16x or 8x.
> 2. LGA 775 socket for Pentium D support
> 3. Onboard "Intel" LAN controller (Gigabit or 100MBit) - no Marvel or
> nVidia
>
> I can not find anything like that from any manufacturer, not even from
> Intel. Can someone tell me if such a motherboard exists (from any
> manufacturer)? Or anything similar that would be released soon?
>
> Thanks,

Looked at this one? Has what you want (SLI mode and LGA775) with both Intel
and Nvidia GbitLAN controllers.
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14915&vpn=P5ND2-SLI%20DELUXE&manufacture=ASUS

Augustus wrote:

> "Ozo" <Ozo@whoever.com> wrote in message
>>I would need a board that have these characteristics:
>>
>> 1. Two PCI-Express graphics slots at full speed, i.e. 16x or 8x.
>> 2. LGA 775 socket for Pentium D support
>> 3. Onboard "Intel" LAN controller (Gigabit or 100MBit) - no Marvel or
>> nVidia
>>
>> I can not find anything like that from any manufacturer, not even from
>> Intel. Can someone tell me if such a motherboard exists (from any
>> manufacturer)? Or anything similar that would be released soon?
>>
>> Thanks,
>
> Looked at this one? Has what you want (SLI mode and LGA775) with both
> Intel and Nvidia GbitLAN controllers.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14915&vpn=P5ND2-SLI%20DELUXE&manufacture=ASUS

Teach _me_ to make blanket statements. That looks like a nice board.

--
--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate

timber

"J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
> Augustus wrote:
>

>> "Ozo" <Ozo@whoever.com> wrote in message
>>>I would need a board that have these characteristics:
>>>
>>> 1. Two PCI-Express graphics slots at full speed, i.e. 16x or 8x.
>>> 2. LGA 775 socket for Pentium D support
>>> 3. Onboard "Intel" LAN controller (Gigabit or 100MBit) - no Marvel or
>>> nVidia
>>>
>>> I can not find anything like that from any manufacturer, not even from
>>> Intel. Can someone tell me if such a motherboard exists (from any
>>> manufacturer)? Or anything similar that would be released soon?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>
>> Looked at this one? Has what you want (SLI mode and LGA775) with both
>> Intel and Nvidia GbitLAN controllers.
>>
> http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14915&vpn=P5ND2-SLI%20DELUXE&manufacture=ASUS
>
> Teach _me_ to make blanket statements. That looks like a nice board.
>
> --
> --John
> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Careful, the Intel Gbit LAN is on the PCI bus, according to the specs. That
could be a bottleneck. They should be on PCI-E or integrated in the
northbridge.

Timber wrote:

> "J. Clarke" <jclarke.usenet@snet.net.invalid> wrote in message
>> Augustus wrote:
>>

>>> "Ozo" <Ozo@whoever.com> wrote in message

>>> Looked at this one? Has what you want (SLI mode and LGA775) with both
>>> Intel and Nvidia GbitLAN controllers.

http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14915&vpn=P5ND2-SLI%20DELUXE&manufacture=ASUS

>> Teach _me_ to make blanket statements. That looks like a nice board.
>>
>> --
>> --John
>> to email, dial "usenet" and validate
>> (was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)
>
> Careful, the Intel Gbit LAN is on the PCI bus, according to the specs.
> That
> could be a bottleneck. They should be on PCI-E or integrated in the
> northbridge.

Can't be integrated with the nforce4--that would mean nvidia licensing the
cell from Intel, which would add to the cost of the chipset. Would be nice
if nvidia had a nice block diagram on the Web page showing how the pieces
on their chip fit together--if the NIC is the only high-volume device on
the PCI bus it shouldn't be a problem, if the disks are on the PCI bus too
then it becomes a bottleneck.

It's interesting that having rammed PCI Express down our throats, Intel
isn't showing any NICs with PCI Express.