changed my computer name, IUSR_ account still has old comp..

will this affect the internet guest account? Can I change the name of the
internet guest account to IUSR_<servername>?
--
Gail Rushmere

Malke

Gail'squestions wrote:

> will this affect the internet guest account? Can I change the name of
> the internet guest account to IUSR_<servername>?

When you change an account name, it doesn't change all the files/folders
that actually comprise the account. A better solution is to make a new
account (User Accounts applet) named what you want. You can copy files
from another account to the new one if you like.

Malke
--
MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
Elephant Boy Computers

"Malke" wrote:

> Gail'squestions wrote:
>
> > will this affect the internet guest account? Can I change the name of
> > the internet guest account to IUSR_<servername>?
>
> When you change an account name, it doesn't change all the files/folders
> that actually comprise the account. A better solution is to make a new
> account (User Accounts applet) named what you want. You can copy files
> from another account to the new one if you like.

> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP Windows User/Shell
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic"

HI Malke, thank you for your response...

I found this on the MSDN Library:
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/comsrv2k/htm/cs_gs_security_xmky.asp
but it does not answer my question... IIS installed the guest user account
"IUSR_<computername>". I changed the name of my computer but the account
name did not change. If I change the <computername> part will IIS still
recognize this as the guest account used for annoymous access to website IIS
serves?

Malke

Gail's questions wrote:

> "Malke" wrote:
>
>> Gail'squestions wrote:
>>
>> > will this affect the internet guest account? Can I change the name
>> > of the internet guest account to IUSR_<servername>?
>>
>> When you change an account name, it doesn't change all the
>> files/folders that actually comprise the account. A better solution
>> is to make a new account (User Accounts applet) named what you want.
>> You can copy files from another account to the new one if you like.

> HI Malke, thank you for your response...
>
> I found this on the MSDN Library:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/comsrv2k/htm/cs_gs_security_xmky.asp
> but it does not answer my question... IIS installed the guest user
> account
> "IUSR_<computername>". I changed the name of my computer but the
> account
> name did not change. If I change the <computername> part will IIS
> still recognize this as the guest account used for annoymous access to
> website IIS serves?

I'm sorry but I really don't know anything about IIS. I would suggest
posting your question in an IIS newsgroup. Here's a list of all the MS
newsgroups so you can find the right one for you:

http://aumha.org/nntp.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers