Development on Fallout MMOG Continues For Now

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont get this. Didnt Interplay Launched the First fallouts?
Why then would they be denied anything? Bethesda should be the one in trouble if they wanted to make a new fallout game withouth premision, not the other way around. It doesent matter that the fallout 3 reached more people than lests say, fallout 1 and 2.
And in fact, if you see the fallout 1 and 2 storyline and elements, they are sort of better than the ones in fallout 3.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
Interplay sold the rights of Fallout to Bethesda with the exception of the MMO, my guess is that they needed the funds to make it happen. I don't have all details of the contract but by the sound of things it seems to be rather vague specified whats included and not. Or Bethesda could just want to "cock-block" interplay by trying to delay their release date to the point where they cant afford the legal battles anymore - If thats the case it will be the last Bethesda title i purchase... much like Apple products for the same reason but thats another story!

I want to see what interplay's mmo contains, they used to work more toward good content. Not like some publishers with cool gfx and edited videos labeled "Actual gameplay" to make the game look awesome and when you finally get the title its content is 5 mins worth of gameplay.

G

Actually its very clear that Bethesda let Interplay use the license if the MMO either started dev or was released within 2 years. That never happened and now Bethesda wants to revoke that license. Seems fair in terms of the original contract.

G

I won't mind as long as they keep making the the single player version. It's all fine if you like those sort of games, but I'm still pissed off about the KOTOR online displacing any development of a single player one.

[citation][nom]cats_paw[/nom]I dont get this. Didnt Interplay Launched the First fallouts?Why then would they be denied anything? Bethesda should be the one in trouble if they wanted to make a new fallout game withouth premision, not the other way around. It doesent matter that the fallout 3 reached more people than lests say, fallout 1 and 2. And in fact, if you see the fallout 1 and 2 storyline and elements, they are sort of better than the ones in fallout 3.[/citation]

Unless Interplay sold the right to Bethesda, which it did. Can't have the cake and eat it too.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]GoFallout[/nom]Actually its very clear that Bethesda let Interplay use the license if the MMO either started dev or was released within 2 years. That never happened and now Bethesda wants to revoke that license. Seems fair in terms of the original contract.[/citation]
Actually they did start development within the contracted time frame. bethesday simply has tried violating the contract in any way they can and are trying to force Interplay out of development by soaking their money away in legal fees. Not sure if I want to ever buy a Bethesda title again.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]Murissokah[/nom]Unless Interplay sold the right to Bethesda, which it did. Can't have the cake and eat it too.[/citation]
They sold the rights to single player Fallout but retained the rights to make an MMO, unless they didn't start development by a certain time. Bethesda has tried everything to keep that development from happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.