Password Protection Question

I'm a first timer here, and not even sure this is the correct venue for my
question, which is...

How do I pasword protect a CD? I'm posting multiple files of data to a
CD-RW, and want to secure the entire disk with a password (as opposed to
password protecting each file).

Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Your assistance appreciated. Thanx.

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I'm a first timer here, and not even sure this is the correct
> venue for my
> question, which is...
>
> How do I pasword protect a CD? I'm posting multiple files of
> data to a
> CD-RW, and want to secure the entire disk with a password (as
> opposed to
> password protecting each file).
>
> Can anyone tell me how to do this?
>
> Your assistance appreciated. Thanx.

What you are asking to do is to encypt the files on the CD. You should
find AxCypt easy to use, and it’s open source, so it’s free!

AxCypt: http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-Password-Protection-ftopict407355.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1351268

You might google for "password protect recorded cds" and find CD/DVD
software that would do this.

Tom

"mdrawson" <mdrawson@cox.net> wrote in message
| I'm a first timer here, and not even sure this is the correct venue for my
| question, which is...
|
| How do I pasword protect a CD? I'm posting multiple files of data to a
| CD-RW, and want to secure the entire disk with a password (as opposed to
| password protecting each file).
|
| Can anyone tell me how to do this?
|
| Your assistance appreciated. Thanx.

Short of encrypting the files, isn't there any way to simply control access
to the CD itself, via password, in the same way it's done for files?

"" wrote:
> Short of encrypting the files, isn't there any way to simply
> control access
> to the CD itself, via password, in the same way it's done for
> files?
>
> "Sparda" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in message
> > "" wrote:
> > > I'm a first timer here, and not even sure this is the
> correct
> > > venue for my
> > > question, which is...
> > >
> > > How do I pasword protect a CD? I'm posting multiple files
> of
> > > data to a
> > > CD-RW, and want to secure the entire disk with a password
> (as
> > > opposed to
> > > password protecting each file).
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell me how to do this?
> > >
> > > Your assistance appreciated. Thanx.
> >
> > What you are asking to do is to encypt the files on the CD.
> You should
> > find AxCypt easy to use, and itâ?Ts open source, so itâ?Ts
> free!
> >
> > AxCypt: http://axcrypt.sourceforge.net/
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-Password-Protection-ftopict407355.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1351268

errm, no