Norton Internet Worm Protection

a b 8 Security
August 11, 2005 4:00:47 AM

Hi,

Security Center told me not to run several firewalls - ok. So I
switched XP firewall off to see what else is running and I found this
Norton Internet Worm Protection.

Problem is: I didn't install that & don't have any entry in the
installed software list or anywhere.
So, how can switch it off or uninstall?

I'm running XP SP2 from a recovery CD on a HP Compaq dc5100.
Who can help me? Thanx!

Petra
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 11, 2005 4:46:07 AM

No, didn't install anything by Symantec. I use other antivirus.
But theres Symantec Software on the recovery CD: Norton Security
Center, but I didn't install that, too.

Petra
Anonymous
a b 8 Security
August 11, 2005 6:20:06 AM

petra.75@lycos.com wrote:
> Security Center told me not to run several firewalls - ok. So I
> switched XP firewall off to see what else is running and I found this
> Norton Internet Worm Protection.
>
> Problem is: I didn't install that & don't have any entry in the
> installed software list or anywhere.
> So, how can switch it off or uninstall?
>
> I'm running XP SP2 from a recovery CD on a HP Compaq dc5100.
> Who can help me? Thanx!

Symantec..
As you installed Symantec/Norton Antivirus 2005, right?

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

I have the same problem! and don't know what to do.

--
cherubyo