Norton Internet Worm Protection

Hi,

Security Center told me not to run several firewalls - ok. So I
switched XP firewall off to see what else is running and I found this
Norton Internet Worm Protection.

Problem is: I didn't install that & don't have any entry in the
installed software list or anywhere.
So, how can switch it off or uninstall?

I'm running XP SP2 from a recovery CD on a HP Compaq dc5100.
Who can help me? Thanx!

Petra
3 answers Last reply
More about norton internet worm protection

    No, didn't install anything by Symantec. I use other antivirus.
    But theres Symantec Software on the recovery CD: Norton Security
    Center, but I didn't install that, too.

    Petra

    petra.75@lycos.com wrote:
    > Security Center told me not to run several firewalls - ok. So I
    > switched XP firewall off to see what else is running and I found this
    > Norton Internet Worm Protection.
    >
    > Problem is: I didn't install that & don't have any entry in the
    > installed software list or anywhere.
    > So, how can switch it off or uninstall?
    >
    > I'm running XP SP2 from a recovery CD on a HP Compaq dc5100.
    > Who can help me? Thanx!

    Symantec..
    As you installed Symantec/Norton Antivirus 2005, right?

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

    I have the same problem! and don't know what to do.

    --
    cherubyo

Security Windows XP