User Limit Access Shared Drive/Folder

I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now attached to a SBS2003
network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC (It was the
origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one drive. The problem
is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all the PC map to it.
This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.

Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?
4 answers Last reply
More about user limit access shared drive folder

    No. To enable more than 10 network connections you need to be running server software.

    Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
    http://www.dougknox.com
    --------------------------------
    --------------------------------
    Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

    In article <FF11E097-FBCC-4E56-A9E9-E1F7C7814C99@microsoft.com>,
    Andre@discussions.microsoft.com says...
    > I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now attached to a SBS2003
    > network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC (It was the
    > origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one drive. The problem
    > is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all the PC map to it.
    > This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.
    >
    > Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?

    It's a fixed limit - move the files to the SBS Box. That's what a server
    is for.

    --

    spam999free@rrohio.com
    remove 999 in order to email me

    Suggest you move your "raid" array to the SBS box - it'll perform better and
    more concurrent connections to boot.

    --

    Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

    http://www.google.com
    Google is your "Friend"

    "" wrote:
    > Suggest you move your "raid" array to the SBS box - it'll
    > perform better and
    > more concurrent connections to boot.
    >
    > --
    >
    > Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
    >
    > http://www.google.com
    > Google is your "Friend"
    >
    > "Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now
    > attached to a
    > >SBS2003
    > > network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC
    > (It was the
    > > origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one
    > drive. The
    > > problem
    > > is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all
    > the PC map to
    > > it.
    > > This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.
    > >
    > > Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?

    Or, insted of forking out £300 od for server 2003 (or any thing of
    the like) get some one who has a clue about linux/BSD to set up a
    Linux/BSD samba server, plus Samba out performs windows at windows
    file sharing nerly 5 times over.

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-User-Limit-Access-Shared-Drive-Folder-ftopict407540.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354584

Windows XP