User Limit Access Shared Drive/Folder

Andre

I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now attached to a SBS2003
network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC (It was the
origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one drive. The problem
is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all the PC map to it.
This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.

Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?

No. To enable more than 10 network connections you need to be running server software.

Win 95/98/Me/XP Tweaks and Fixes
http://www.dougknox.com
--------------------------------
--------------------------------
Unsolicited e-mail is not answered.

In article <FF11E097-FBCC-4E56-A9E9-E1F7C7814C99@microsoft.com>,
Andre@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now attached to a SBS2003
> network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC (It was the
> origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one drive. The problem
> is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all the PC map to it.
> This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.
>
> Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?

It's a fixed limit - move the files to the SBS Box. That's what a server
is for.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me

Suggest you move your "raid" array to the SBS box - it'll perform better and
more concurrent connections to boot.

--

Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!

http://www.google.com
Google is your "Friend"

"Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now attached to a
>SBS2003
> network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC (It was the
> origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one drive. The
> problem
> is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all the PC map to
> it.
> This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.
>
> Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> Suggest you move your "raid" array to the SBS box - it'll
> perform better and
> more concurrent connections to boot.
>
> --
>
> Star Fleet Admiral Q @ your Service!
>
> http://www.google.com
> Google is your "Friend"
>
> "Andre" <Andre@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a small (12 -14 pcs all XP Pro OS) that are now
> attached to a
> >SBS2003
> > network. One PC, an XP Pro, is being used as a storage PC
> (It was the
> > origanal "server". This has 4 250 GB raid drives as one
> drive. The
> > problem
> > is I get "no more connections can be made....." once all
> the PC map to
> > it.
> > This PC hold all the photo's for the photoshop.
> >
> > Can I over ride the max user above 10 in a registry setting?

Or, insted of forking out £300 od for server 2003 (or any thing of
the like) get some one who has a clue about linux/BSD to set up a
Linux/BSD samba server, plus Samba out performs windows at windows
file sharing nerly 5 times over.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Security-Admin-User-Limit-Access-Shared-Drive-Folder-ftopict407540.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1354584

TRENDING THREADS