Spooler subsystem trying to access the Internet?

jeff

I just installed a new wireless adapter in my laptop and when I accessed a
network printer on another PC in the network, Zone Alarm informed me that
"Spooler subsystem App is trying to access the internet"
and asked if I should allow it to do so. I am guessing yes but am not sure.
Is this normal or do I have a setting wrongly set somewhere?

Thanks.

--

Jeff Stevens
Email address deliberately false to avoid spam

Jeff wrote on Thu, 11 Aug 2005 11:37:05 -0400:

> I just installed a new wireless adapter in my laptop and when I accessed a
> network printer on another PC in the network, Zone Alarm informed me that
> "Spooler subsystem App is trying to access the internet"
> and asked if I should allow it to do so. I am guessing yes but am not
> sure. Is this normal or do I have a setting wrongly set somewhere?

If you haven't told ZA what the LAN IP range is then you'll get this, as the
Spooler is the application that sends the print data to the printer. It
might also be that the Spooler is looking for any others printers on the
LAN, either by broadcasting or using uPnP and ZA is detecting that. It would
help if you had specified the actual address and port it said it was using
to "connect to the internet".

Dan

[is this the right place to type a reply?]

Thanks, Dan.

I have not installed anything new. But I have just changed my dial-up
access phone number because I moved. Would that require the same fix?
If so...

You said: "It would help if you had specified the actual address and
port it said it was using to "connect to the internet".

In my case, the ZA announcement includes a Destination IP; is THAT what
you mean I should specifiy?

Where shall I specify this?

Many thanks.

--
midtown comp

Mine is doing the same thing, anyone find a fix? Thanks, Jim