Budget Digi camera?

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
June 6, 2004 5:13:08 PM

Hi there,

I'm looking for a very basic very low cost camera, with flash, that is
compatible with Mac OSX

Most of the low end camera's I've come across so far are seemingly Windows
only.

I'm planning to use it with 8 year old kids, so a nice simple flsh on/off
selector woulld be great too.

Grateful in advance for you help.

Steve

--
www.whistlefish.net for all your alt rock needs!

More about : budget digi camera

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 8:51:12 PM

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 13:13:08 +0100, "MAn Mountain" wrote:

>I'm looking for a very basic very low cost camera, with flash, that is
>compatible with Mac OSX
>
>Most of the low end camera's I've come across so far are seemingly Windows
>only.
>
>I'm planning to use it with 8 year old kids, so a nice simple flsh on/off
>selector woulld be great too.

The PowerShot A (http://www.powershot.com/) range from Canon should
come with Mac software at least - A300 or A310 (this years model);
http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A300/A30A.HTM
http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a300_pg2.ht...

No optical zoom but the user interface is good.
Anonymous
June 6, 2004 8:51:13 PM

> >I'm looking for a very basic very low cost camera, with flash, that is
> >compatible with Mac OSX
> >
> >Most of the low end camera's I've come across so far are seemingly
Windows
> >only.
> >
> >I'm planning to use it with 8 year old kids, so a nice simple flsh on/off
> >selector woulld be great too.
>
> The PowerShot A (http://www.powershot.com/) range from Canon should
> come with Mac software at least - A300 or A310 (this years model);
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/PRODS/A300/A30A.HTM
> http://www.steves-digicams.com/2003_reviews/a300_pg2.ht...
>
> No optical zoom but the user interface is good.

Cheers for the help, but a bit pricey. I'm looking for less than $100

cheers

Steve
!