AIW 9000 Pro messes up monitor sleep setting on Win XP

Hi,

I have an AIW 9000 Pro installed on a P4 Windows XP Pro system with SP2 and
all security updates. The TV "application" is ATIMMC.EXE ver. 9.3.0.7.
Running in the background (which I presume *must* be running) is "ATI Device
Detection Application" ver. 9.3.0.2.

In WinXP I have the "Power Options" set to sleep the monitor after 10
minutes of non-use (an Envision 19" LCD without built in TV). This power
option setting works perfectly until I use the TV function. Once I initiate
the TV function (even if I subsequently turn the TV off), the sleep function
no longer works. When 10 minutes has elapsed the monitor blinks off (sleep)
and then pops right back on. Only a reboot will correct this problem. I had
the same setup on a Win2K setup and did NOT have this problem.

Any advice on how to correct this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and best regards, Ron

"Ron2001" <resipsa7@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have an AIW 9000 Pro installed on a P4 Windows XP Pro system with SP2
and
> all security updates. The TV "application" is ATIMMC.EXE ver. 9.3.0.7.
> Running in the background (which I presume *must* be running) is "ATI
Device
> Detection Application" ver. 9.3.0.2.
>
> In WinXP I have the "Power Options" set to sleep the monitor after 10
> minutes of non-use (an Envision 19" LCD without built in TV). This power
> option setting works perfectly until I use the TV function. Once I
initiate
> the TV function (even if I subsequently turn the TV off), the sleep
function
> no longer works. When 10 minutes has elapsed the monitor blinks off
(sleep)
> and then pops right back on. Only a reboot will correct this problem. I
had
> the same setup on a Win2K setup and did NOT have this problem.
>
> Any advice on how to correct this will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks and best regards, Ron

Check and see if MMC is still running in Task Manager after you close the
program. If so, I'd try a repair install as the first attempt to fix it.

T Shadow-
Thanks for the response. The ATIMMC.exe is dropped from the Taskmaster list
when the program is ended by pressing the X (close) button on the viewer.
Forgive my ignorance, but how do I do a "repair install" on the MMC? Thanks
for your patience and your assistance.
Warm regards, Ron

> T Shadow-
> Thanks for the response. The ATIMMC.exe is dropped from the Taskmaster
list
> when the program is ended by pressing the X (close) button on the viewer.
> Forgive my ignorance, but how do I do a "repair install" on the MMC?
Thanks
> for your patience and your assistance.
> Warm regards, Ron
>
> "T Shadow" <knone@zilch.com.invalid> wrote in message
> > "Ron2001" <resipsa7@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I have an AIW 9000 Pro installed on a P4 Windows XP Pro system with SP2
> > and
> >> all security updates. The TV "application" is ATIMMC.EXE ver. 9.3.0.7.
> >> Running in the background (which I presume *must* be running) is "ATI
> > Device
> >> Detection Application" ver. 9.3.0.2.
> >>
> >> In WinXP I have the "Power Options" set to sleep the monitor after 10
> >> minutes of non-use (an Envision 19" LCD without built in TV). This
power
> >> option setting works perfectly until I use the TV function. Once I
> > initiate
> >> the TV function (even if I subsequently turn the TV off), the sleep
> > function
> >> no longer works. When 10 minutes has elapsed the monitor blinks off
> > (sleep)
> >> and then pops right back on. Only a reboot will correct this problem. I
> > had
> >> the same setup on a Win2K setup and did NOT have this problem.
> >>
> >> Any advice on how to correct this will be greatly appreciated.
> >>
> >> Thanks and best regards, Ron
> >>
> > Check and see if MMC is still running in Task Manager after you close
the
> > program. If so, I'd try a repair install as the first attempt to fix it.

Just go into Add/ Remove Programs and click on MMC. One of the choices will
be repair. Some times it helps. Some times it doesn't but it's too easy to
do, to not try it, before doing a full re-install.

T Shadow-

Thanks again for the response. Tried your repair suggestion. Nada, zip,
nutting! Well, that is my life story! Will try a removal and re-install.
Thanks for your kind efforts.
Best wishes, Ron