Don't want video to play fullscreen on second monitor

I just installed the ATI drivers and control center for my AIW 9600. I
have been running using the drivers from windows update, but now that I
have installed the ATI control panel, I am having some problems.

When I play any video, with WMP or any other video player, the second
monitor goes full screen and does not let me stop it. Basically I
can't use this monitor for any other use than to play the video. This
happens when the second monitor is either the TV or the Comp monitor,
it doesn't make a difference. I am sure there is a check box I must
deselect, but I can't find it. Can somebody help me?

Thanks for any help,

Brian
3 answers Last reply
More about video play fullscreen monitor

    Keeage wrote:
    > I just installed the ATI drivers and control center for my AIW 9600. I
    > have been running using the drivers from windows update, but now that I
    > have installed the ATI control panel, I am having some problems.
    >
    > When I play any video, with WMP or any other video player, the second
    > monitor goes full screen and does not let me stop it. Basically I
    > can't use this monitor for any other use than to play the video. This
    > happens when the second monitor is either the TV or the Comp monitor,
    > it doesn't make a difference. I am sure there is a check box I must
    > deselect, but I can't find it. Can somebody help me?
    >
    > Thanks for any help,
    >
    > Brian

    Alt-Enter?

    --
    Servo @ work
    "Yippee kaye aye, motherf'er!"

    "When playing a video, it is also shown fullscreen on the other monitor
    This happens if the video mirroring feature of your video card is enabled. You can disable this option on the tab for your video card under advanced display properties, Nvidia calls this feature Full Screen Video, for ATI video cards it is called theater mode, and Matrox calls it PureVideo/DVDMax."

    This is from reatimesoft.com: http://www.realtimesoft.com/multimon/faq.asp
  3. Hi Friend,

    Just now the problem was solved. Play any video in media player after it becomes goes to full screen mode then Hold the fn key and press F8. This way my problem solved. Try this way. This probably solves the problem for big monitors or 5o inch or more TV's

    Thanks
    123 run fast

Radeon Video Monitors ATI Graphics