Norton Antivirus

I run norton antivirus twice a week and update the definitions. It scans
fine and all and finds a ton of spy/adware. Now, when it asks me to deleted,
it tries but says delete failed for all the spy/adware it found. Anyone
know how to fix this? I also have Norton Personal Firewall and Stopzilla.
Both seem to work fairly well.

Norton Antvirus 2005 detects spyware and certain non-virus threats such as
adware and keystroke logging programs, but it does *not* remove them. It is
not a full blown anti-spyware program.

Tom

In article <3D2C95DB-2602-47CE-993E-3FA4A6FE1349@microsoft.com>,
T@discussions.microsoft.com says...
> I run norton antivirus twice a week and update the definitions. It scans
> fine and all and finds a ton of spy/adware. Now, when it asks me to deleted,
> it tries but says delete failed for all the spy/adware it found. Anyone
> know how to fix this? I also have Norton Personal Firewall and Stopzilla.
> Both seem to work fairly well.

Reboot in SAFE MODE and run it again.

Then download and install AdAwareSE and run it also.

--

spam999free@rrohio.com
remove 999 in order to email me