I have a peer to peer Windows XP environment. I have designated one
computer to store data and have several shares created. Before this
week, users at other workstations could access the shares w/ no login
credentials. This week something has changed and now when any
workstation accesses a share, they are prompted w/ a username &
password. I do not want to add each user to the workstation which has
the shares. I have given a share Full Access to Everyone and still
prompted for a UN/PW. Is this a setting in Group Policy that has
changed?

--
danlbradshaw

Sparda

Distinguished
Jun 28, 2005

"" wrote:
> I have a peer to peer Windows XP environment. I have
> designated one
> computer to store data and have several shares created.
> Before this
> week, users at other workstations could access the shares w/
> no login
> credentials. This week something has changed and now when any
> workstation accesses a share, they are prompted w/ a username
> &
> password. I do not want to add each user to the workstation
> which has
> the shares. I have given a share Full Access to Everyone and
> still
> prompted for a UN/PW. Is this a setting in Group Policy that
> has
> changed?
>

> --
> danlbradshaw