"alt.games.half-life" removed from server-why?

I use a HS cable IP (in the US) which provides two news servers, one for
eastern US and one for western US.
I have been using the east server until <alt.games.half-life> was removed.
I tried the west server and it is still there.
Any idea why? I read that SPAM might be a reason, but this forum is more
SPAM free than any other I know of.
Don F
1 answer Last reply
More about games half life removed server

    "Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
    > I use a HS cable IP (in the US) which provides two news servers, one for
    > eastern US and one for western US.
    > I have been using the east server until <alt.games.half-life> was
    > removed. I tried the west server and it is still there.
    > Any idea why? I read that SPAM might be a reason, but this forum is more
    > SPAM free than any other I know of.
    > Don F

    I'd call them and complain. Maybe it was just a mistake? It's obviously
    not a binaries newsgroup so bandwidth wouldn't be a concern for them, and
    like you said, there isn't much spam in here. Sounds like somebody just
    goofed up.

Servers Games Spam Video Games