"alt.games.half-life" removed from server-why?

Last response: in Video Games
February 19, 2005 11:47:30 AM

I use a HS cable IP (in the US) which provides two news servers, one for
eastern US and one for western US.
I have been using the east server until <alt.games.half-life> was removed.
I tried the west server and it is still there.
Any idea why? I read that SPAM might be a reason, but this forum is more
SPAM free than any other I know of.
Don F
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 6:07:15 PM

"Don F" <nobody@home.com> wrote in message
> I use a HS cable IP (in the US) which provides two news servers, one for
> eastern US and one for western US.
> I have been using the east server until <alt.games.half-life> was
> removed. I tried the west server and it is still there.
> Any idea why? I read that SPAM might be a reason, but this forum is more
> SPAM free than any other I know of.
> Don F

I'd call them and complain. Maybe it was just a mistake? It's obviously
not a binaries newsgroup so bandwidth wouldn't be a concern for them, and
like you said, there isn't much spam in here. Sounds like somebody just
goofed up.
!