Nikon Coolpix NkvMon

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

The task NkvMon.exe is running all the time. It bursts into life when
I plug my Nikon Coolpix into my PC. Then it imports the pictures of my
choice. All works well but the task hangs the PC about once a day. The
obvious solution is to only run the task when I need it to import my
pictures. Trouble is that the task is not in the Services list so I
can't change it so that it doesn't start automatically.

Anyone know of a solution?

Steve
Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
http://www.easynn.com

steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk wrote:
> The task NkvMon.exe is running all the time. It bursts into life when
> I plug my Nikon Coolpix into my PC. Then it imports the pictures of my
> choice. All works well but the task hangs the PC about once a day. The
> obvious solution is to only run the task when I need it to import my
> pictures. Trouble is that the task is not in the Services list so I
> can't change it so that it doesn't start automatically.
>
> Anyone know of a solution?

It's in Start>Programs>Startup- just move it somewhere more convenient.

BTW - have you upgraded to the latest version, NikonView 6? It's available
as a free upgrade from Nikon.

Another good, and often recommended solution is to lose NikonView
altogether, and rely on a flash card reader. Although if you haven't tried
it yet, NikonView 6 is much better than earlier versions.
--

Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 05:52:55 GMT, "Mike Russell"
<REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote:

>It's in Start>Programs>Startup- just move it somewhere more convenient.
>
>BTW - have you upgraded to the latest version, NikonView 6? It's available
>as a free upgrade from Nikon.

Thanks. I am using NikonView 6 but that isn't the problem. NkvMon is a
background task. It is running all the time even if NikonView is not
started.

Try it is you want. Have a look at the tasks in task monitor. You will
see that NkvMon is running before you start NikonView.

Steve
Build networks from numeric, text and image files.
http://www.easynn.com

steve@tropheus.demon.co.uk wrote:
> On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 05:52:55 GMT, "Mike Russell"
> <REgeigyMOVE@pacbellTHIS.net> wrote:
>

>> It's in Start>Programs>Startup- just move it somewhere more
>> convenient.
>>
>> BTW - have you upgraded to the latest version, NikonView 6? It's
>> available as a free upgrade from Nikon.
>>

> Thanks. I am using NikonView 6 but that isn't the problem. NkvMon is a
> background task. It is running all the time even if NikonView is not
> started.
>
> Try it is you want. Have a look at the tasks in task monitor. You will
> see that NkvMon is running before you start NikonView.

On my system NkvMon is in the Start>Programs>Startup folder as I mentioned.

This is different from the NikonView folder and contains some of the
programs that start at login time.

Drag it from there to the desktop - or any other convenient folder - so that
you can start it manually.
---
Mike Russell
www.curvemeister.com