5555 lost wireless

a b F Wireless
May 2, 2004 9:44:08 PM

After running the newest firmware update, wireless and bluetooth, when
turned on, both show nothing. no lights turn on, and when I fire up
pocketwinc, it gives me the same error I'd see when the wireless is
turned off - no adapter found...

Soft reset did nothing, disabling all startup does nothing. I'm
backing it up again now and will do a hard reset to see what happens,
but has anyone else had any issues with wireless after the firmware
update?

John

More about : 5555 lost wireless

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 12:49:49 AM

if the "remove the battery" doesn't fix it for you try the slightly more
agressive form of the same treatment.

Remove the battery and with it still out, hit the reset button (soft reset)
a couple of times with your stylus tip.

Replace the battery and then power up.

"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
> After running the newest firmware update, wireless and bluetooth, when
> turned on, both show nothing. no lights turn on, and when I fire up
> pocketwinc, it gives me the same error I'd see when the wireless is
> turned off - no adapter found...
>
> Soft reset did nothing, disabling all startup does nothing. I'm
> backing it up again now and will do a hard reset to see what happens,
> but has anyone else had any issues with wireless after the firmware
> update?
>
> John

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 12:58:53 AM

Did the battery removal already - no luck. After seeing this post, I
tried it as well - still nothing. Hard reset, and wireless worked.
Restored the backup, wireless still worked. At least it was still
working again after the backup...

John

On Sun, 2 May 2004 20:49:49 -0500, "Terry A. Austin"
<taaustin~lock@nospam.templejc.edu> wrote:

>if the "remove the battery" doesn't fix it for you try the slightly more
>agressive form of the same treatment.
>
>Remove the battery and with it still out, hit the reset button (soft reset)
>a couple of times with your stylus tip.
>
>Replace the battery and then power up.
>

>"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
>> After running the newest firmware update, wireless and bluetooth, when
>> turned on, both show nothing. no lights turn on, and when I fire up
>> pocketwinc, it gives me the same error I'd see when the wireless is
>> turned off - no adapter found...
>>
>> Soft reset did nothing, disabling all startup does nothing. I'm
>> backing it up again now and will do a hard reset to see what happens,
>> but has anyone else had any issues with wireless after the firmware
>> update?
>>
>> John

a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 2:46:43 AM

Before you hard reset pop out the battery then put it back.

Mitch

"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
> After running the newest firmware update, wireless and bluetooth, when
> turned on, both show nothing. no lights turn on, and when I fire up
> pocketwinc, it gives me the same error I'd see when the wireless is
> turned off - no adapter found...
>
> Soft reset did nothing, disabling all startup does nothing. I'm
> backing it up again now and will do a hard reset to see what happens,
> but has anyone else had any issues with wireless after the firmware
> update?
>
> John

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 5:17:30 AM

Yes. This will fix the problem.

--

..: Jakub Kañczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl

My iPaq 5555 doesn't show the WiFi light when on, but it seems to be
working. The blue tooth works fine.
Ken
"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
> After running the newest firmware update, wireless and bluetooth, when
> turned on, both show nothing. no lights turn on, and when I fire up
> pocketwinc, it gives me the same error I'd see when the wireless is
> turned off - no adapter found...
>
> Soft reset did nothing, disabling all startup does nothing. I'm
> backing it up again now and will do a hard reset to see what happens,
> but has anyone else had any issues with wireless after the firmware
> update?
>
> John

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 8:25:00 PM

Just curious John . . .

I note you say that you restored the backup (I presume made prior to
the upgrade). Whilst this is a nice feat, are you happy that this
hasn't brought back any faults that were fixed by the upgrade??

Cheers,

Jim

Did the battery removal already - no luck. After seeing this post,
tried it as well - still nothing. Hard reset, and wireless worked.
Restored the backup, wireless still worked. At least it was still
working again after the backup...

John

On Sun, 2 May 2004 20:49:49 -0500, "Terry A. Austin"
<taaustin~lock@nospam.templejc.edu> wrote:

>if the "remove the battery" doesn't fix it for you try the slightly
more
>agressive form of the same treatment.
>
>Remove the battery and with it still out, hit the reset button
(soft reset)
>a couple of times with your stylus tip.
>
>Replace the battery and then power up.
>

>"JDTHREE [MVP]" <john@removeforspam.engagenet.com> wrote in message
>> After running the newest firmware update, wireless and bluetooth,
when
>> turned on, both show nothing. no lights turn on, and when I fire
up
>> pocketwinc, it gives me the same error I'd see when the wireless
is
>> turned off - no adapter found...
>>
>> Soft reset did nothing, disabling all startup does nothing. I'm
>> backing it up again now and will do a hard reset to see what
happens,
>> but has anyone else had any issues with wireless after the
firmware
>> update?
>>
>> John

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 3, 2004 8:25:01 PM

You should NOT restore from a backup file created before the upgrade!!!

--

..: Jakub Kanczugowski
..: www.PDAclub.pl