Other user account able to change my password without old ..

Hi

I Have Windows XP Home with two administrators accounts(because some games
won't run in a limited account). One is passworded.

When you log into the passworded account, and go to change the password for
that account, it asks for the old password and the new password as it
should.

When you log in to the other account and try and change the password on the
passworded account, it doesn't ask for the old password. It just changes
it for the new password!

What's going on? Is this how it's supposed to work on WinXP Home?
1 answer Last reply
More about other user account change password

    noddyt wrote:
    > I Have Windows XP Home with two administrators accounts(because some
    > games won't run in a limited account). One is passworded.
    >
    > When you log into the passworded account, and go to change the
    > password for that account, it asks for the old password and the new
    > password as it should.
    >
    > When you log in to the other account and try and change the password
    > on the passworded account, it doesn't ask for the old password. It
    > just changes it for the new password!
    >
    > What's going on? Is this how it's supposed to work on WinXP Home?

    Like you see it.
    You made TWO PEOPLE administrators.
    Administrators are - by token of their name and given rights - in full
    control of said machine and users.

    The PROPER way to do it would be to make one administrator account and two
    user accounts to use. Only break out the Administrator account when needed.

    --
    Shenan Stanley
    MS-MVP

Windows XP