Administrator acount is not recognized !

Hi
could any one help on this one please. for some unknown reason for me one of
my multimedia driver didnt work, when i tried to restore it (during the
installation) i got the message saying i have no rigth to change the system
configuration i need to log in as administrator user , when i was loged in as
administrator! i have tried several thing like : restoring system to the
previouse point which made the whole system and many drivers confused and not
working ! and then i repaired the windows using the original servise pack 2
(XP). but the problem insisted ! i uninistalled the multimedia program , then
for reinstalling it i have no permision!?? it really annoys me when i cant
get permision for my right!! could any one help me please .
my thanks and appreciation in advance
Marsous

I have this same problem and need help now....Hankljr