RADEON 5.7 Drivers Still Don't Recognize Some Monitors

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
a b C Monitor
July 25, 2005 2:29:04 AM

Under Windows XP, if you have a non-standard monitor, the Displays tab of
the ATI RADEON driver fails to see any monitor attached to the system. As
a result, if you have a monitor that can do greater than 1600x1200
resolution, you have no way to modify Display properties under the Displays
tab. The monitor I have this problem with is the Sony 24" GDM-FW900.

ATI: this is easy to fix by simply allowing the user to change Monitor
properties even when you do not detect any monitor attached to the system.
Please give us some way to override the default behavior, which is creating
nightmares for anyone with a non-standard monitor that your software doesn't
see.

--
Will
westes AT earthbroadcast.com

Not an ATi problem. Have you tried downloading drivers for your monitor?

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/swu-download.pl?mdl=GDMFW...

Once you extract the INF file, right-click on the file and select "Install".

!