Windows XP Pro keeps logging me off losing my NET USE mapp..

I have a couple of mappings created with a NET USE command - an LPT port for
a networked printed and a drive mapping for a folder on the server.

At random times during the day, these connections fail, and when I try to
restore them by repeating the "net use" commands, I receive the prompt "Enter
username for xxxxxxx" where xxxx is the network resource. Whatever I type, I
can't re-map without logging off and on again, which is a real pain if I have
other applications running.

It seems that Windows has logged me out for no apparent reason. There
doesn't seem to be a pattern in the timing of this - I don't think it is a
power-saving issue, because it can happen when I am right in the middle of
something.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
2 answers Last reply
More about windows logging losing mapp

    "Martin99" wrote:

    > I have a couple of mappings created with a NET USE command - an LPT port for
    > a networked printed and a drive mapping for a folder on the server.
    >
    > At random times during the day, these connections fail, and when I try to
    > restore them by repeating the "net use" commands, I receive the prompt "Enter
    > username for xxxxxxx" where xxxx is the network resource. Whatever I type, I
    > can't re-map without logging off and on again, which is a real pain if I have
    > other applications running.
    >
    > It seems that Windows has logged me out for no apparent reason. There
    > doesn't seem to be a pattern in the timing of this - I don't think it is a
    > power-saving issue, because it can happen when I am right in the middle of
    > something.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

    I am by no means anyone to say anything about computers because I do not know
    ANTTHING about them,but I might have some helpful info for you I have XP
    Proffesional and at random weird times my computer tells me that "windows has
    logged you off of messenger because you have signed in on another computer"
    I do not know if this would be of any help to you or not but I only have 1
    computer and I do not know why it keeps saying that.I thought if you had this
    info it might add to your being able to solve your problem,sorry if it didn't.
    "Martin99" wrote:

    > I have a couple of mappings created with a NET USE command - an LPT port for
    > a networked printed and a drive mapping for a folder on the server.
    >
    > At random times during the day, these connections fail, and when I try to
    > restore them by repeating the "net use" commands, I receive the prompt "Enter
    > username for xxxxxxx" where xxxx is the network resource. Whatever I type, I
    > can't re-map without logging off and on again, which is a real pain if I have
    > other applications running.
    >
    > It seems that Windows has logged me out for no apparent reason. There
    > doesn't seem to be a pattern in the timing of this - I don't think it is a
    > power-saving issue, because it can happen when I am right in the middle of
    > something.
    >
    > Does anyone have any suggestions?

Windows XP