I have Windows XP Pro and powertoys allows me to set auto-login for my
administrator account. It's a single user system and it's convenient
not to have to enter a password each time I fire up. If I hibernate,
however, instead of shutdown then the auto-login doesn't work and I'm
forced to the login window. Any way around this?

Dick Chimenti wrote:
> I have Windows XP Pro and powertoys allows me to set auto-login for my
> administrator account. It's a single user system and it's convenient
> not to have to enter a password each time I fire up. If I hibernate,
> however, instead of shutdown then the auto-login doesn't work and I'm
> forced to the login window. Any way around this?

Don't hibernate.
Seriously.

If the machine gets "locked" in any way (screensaver, hibernation, you
pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and locking it, etc) while the machine is booted - you
*will* have to log on.

--
Shenan Stanley
MS-MVP

Shenan Stanley wrote:
> Dick Chimenti wrote:
>
>>I have Windows XP Pro and powertoys allows me to set auto-login for my
>>administrator account. It's a single user system and it's convenient
>>not to have to enter a password each time I fire up. If I hibernate,
>>however, instead of shutdown then the auto-login doesn't work and I'm
>>forced to the login window. Any way around this?
>

> Don't hibernate.
> Seriously.
>
> If the machine gets "locked" in any way (screensaver, hibernation, you
> pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL and locking it, etc) while the machine is booted - you
> *will* have to log on.

Okay, thanks for the info.