canon a 80 or canon s1is

I am new with dig camera's and want to buy one. Wich one can you recomment
the canon a 80 or the s1is. and why. The cost are no problem and i want to
use the camera for holiday and family pictures.
Thanks Aike

Rick

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2003

"aike" <a.miltenburg@home.nl> wrote in message news:c9v89n$3dk$1@news1.tilbu1.nb.home.nl...
> I am new with dig camera's and want to buy one. Wich one can you recomment
> the canon a 80 or the s1is. and why. The cost are no problem and i want to
> use the camera for holiday and family pictures.
> Thanks Aike

I recommend the S1 IS for a variety of reasons.. 10x optical zoom,
image stabilization, much better manual modes, movie mode, etc etc.

Rick

eddie

"aike" <a.miltenburg@home.nl> wrote in message
> I am new with dig camera's and want to buy one. Wich one can you recomment
> the canon a 80 or the s1is. and why. The cost are no problem and i want to
> use the camera for holiday and family pictures.
> Thanks Aike

A80 is a good camera, you can get supplimentary lenses for tele or wide
angle or closeup. Normal 'zoom' range is 3x optical. The S 1IS is higher
zoom but no optical view finder which can be difficult to use in low light.
Personally, I don't like digital viewfinders. The A80 has a swivel lcd
screen which is great for overhead shots. Pics are very good quality. My
neighbour has one.

I have the big-brother, the G5, also very good 5 MPixel and 4 x zoom. (A80
4MPix)

Eddie