Restricting local HD access via Group Policy..

Hi Everyone,

I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't want to
use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help on this topic.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.

Hide these specified drives in My Computer
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=548

Prevent access to drives from My Computer
http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=549

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

In news:94CE7B02-B35B-4384-AE6A-DB1AB10DDC86@microsoft.com,
Andrew_UK <AndrewUK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> Hi Everyone,
>
> I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
> sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't want
> to use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help on
> this topic.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Andrew.

Thanks Wes. Just what I was looking for!

Regards,

Andrew.

"Wesley Vogel" wrote:

> Hide these specified drives in My Computer
> http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=548
>
> Prevent access to drives from My Computer
> http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=549
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>
> Wes
> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
>
> In news:94CE7B02-B35B-4384-AE6A-DB1AB10DDC86@microsoft.com,
> Andrew_UK <AndrewUK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
> > Hi Everyone,
> >
> > I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
> > sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't want
> > to use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help on
> > this topic.
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Andrew.

Andrew,