Restricting local HD access via Group Policy..

Hi Everyone,

I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't want to
use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help on this topic.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew.
3 answers Last reply
More about restricting local access group policy

    Hide these specified drives in My Computer
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=548

    Prevent access to drives from My Computer
    http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=549

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:94CE7B02-B35B-4384-AE6A-DB1AB10DDC86@microsoft.com,
    Andrew_UK <AndrewUK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Hi Everyone,
    >
    > I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
    > sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't want
    > to use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help on
    > this topic.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Andrew.

    Thanks Wes. Just what I was looking for!

    Regards,

    Andrew.

    "Wesley Vogel" wrote:

    > Hide these specified drives in My Computer
    > http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=548
    >
    > Prevent access to drives from My Computer
    > http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=549
    >
    > --
    > Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >
    > Wes
    > MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >
    > In news:94CE7B02-B35B-4384-AE6A-DB1AB10DDC86@microsoft.com,
    > Andrew_UK <AndrewUK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > > Hi Everyone,
    > >
    > > I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
    > > sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't want
    > > to use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help on
    > > this topic.
    > >
    > > Thanks in advance,
    > >
    > > Andrew.

    Andrew,

    Keep having fun. :-)

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.

    Wes
    MS-MVP Windows Shell/User

    In news:7671D666-4336-40CF-9B2B-E8E31644CDC4@microsoft.com,
    Andrew_UK <AndrewUK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    > Thanks Wes. Just what I was looking for!
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Andrew.
    >
    > "Wesley Vogel" wrote:
    >
    >> Hide these specified drives in My Computer
    >> http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=548
    >>
    >> Prevent access to drives from My Computer
    >> http://www.boyce.us/gp/gpcontent.asp?ID=549
    >>
    >> --
    >> Hope this helps. Let us know.
    >>
    >> Wes
    >> MS-MVP Windows Shell/User
    >>
    >> In news:94CE7B02-B35B-4384-AE6A-DB1AB10DDC86@microsoft.com,
    >> Andrew_UK <AndrewUK@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:
    >>> Hi Everyone,
    >>>
    >>> I want to restrict access to a local HD on one of my XP machines, and am
    >>> sure that there's a way of doing this through group policy. I don't
    >>> want to use EFS, and wondered if anyone could provide me with some help
    >>> on this topic.
    >>>
    >>> Thanks in advance,
    >>>
    >>> Andrew.

Policy Microsoft HD Windows XP