Pentax 555 or Nikon 5200

Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
cameras?
3 answers Last reply
More about pentax nikon 5200

    I have a Optio 550. I understand the 555 is only a sped up version of the
    550. As the owner of 4 digital cameras so far I can say it it so far
    superior to the others. One of the ones I dumped was a Kyocera S5. The Optio
    is miles (1.6Km) ahead of the Kyocera.

    I have no experience with Nikons.

    The most amazing thing I have found was the battery life of weeks and
    hundreds of pictures, shooting totally using the LCD with full light on. I
    have only looked through the rangefinder lens a couple of times with this
    one. I don't know how they can do it.

    "G-man" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
    > Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
    > cameras?

    Both sound like great cameras. I ended up with the Nikon 4200 instead of
    the 5200 and saved $100 since I didn't need the extra pixels. The 4200
    takes great pictures and is fast from shot to shot. (comapred to my old
    Olympus 2040). Red-eye removal is great. Sweat little camera.

    Check out www.steves-digicams.com for a review on the 5200. Nikon just
    released it last month.

    --jay

    "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me> wrote in message
    > I have a Optio 550. I understand the 555 is only a sped up version of the
    > 550. As the owner of 4 digital cameras so far I can say it it so far
    > superior to the others. One of the ones I dumped was a Kyocera S5. The
    Optio
    > is miles (1.6Km) ahead of the Kyocera.
    >
    > I have no experience with Nikons.
    >
    > The most amazing thing I have found was the battery life of weeks and
    > hundreds of pictures, shooting totally using the LCD with full light on. I
    > have only looked through the rangefinder lens a couple of times with this
    > one. I don't know how they can do it.
    >

    > "G-man" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
    > > Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
    > > cameras?

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc,de.alt.rec.digitalfotografie (More info?)

    Giorgio Preddio wrote:
    > "G-man" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message news:<tpHwc.16088$tl4.9642@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
    >

    >>Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
    >>cameras?
    >

    > One of the numerous problems with these two manufacturers is that they
    > are are using old, dinosaur sensor technology. The pixels are recorded
    > in monochrome instead of color. The only true color sensors are made
    > by Foveon. Sigma digital cameras use these highly acclaimed Foveon
    > sensors. The Sigma SD10 is simply the best camera that was ever made.
    > Why bother with anything else? Check out this review:
    >
    > http://dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd10/

    Just did. It concludes with "Recommended", Phil's version of damning
    with faint praise. 10D, 300D and D70 are "Highly Recommended".

    That does suggest the SD-10 to be "simply the best" by any means.

    So I guess you have not read the reviews.

    Phil

Cameras Nikon Pentax Peripherals