  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
June 6, 2004 4:17:11 PM

Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
cameras?

More about : pentax 555 nikon 5200

Anonymous
June 6, 2004 5:51:35 PM

I have a Optio 550. I understand the 555 is only a sped up version of the
550. As the owner of 4 digital cameras so far I can say it it so far
superior to the others. One of the ones I dumped was a Kyocera S5. The Optio
is miles (1.6Km) ahead of the Kyocera.

I have no experience with Nikons.

The most amazing thing I have found was the battery life of weeks and
hundreds of pictures, shooting totally using the LCD with full light on. I
have only looked through the rangefinder lens a couple of times with this
one. I don't know how they can do it.

"G-man" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
> Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
> cameras?

June 7, 2004 4:42:42 PM

Both sound like great cameras. I ended up with the Nikon 4200 instead of
the 5200 and saved $100 since I didn't need the extra pixels. The 4200
takes great pictures and is fast from shot to shot. (comapred to my old
Olympus 2040). Red-eye removal is great. Sweat little camera.

Check out www.steves-digicams.com for a review on the 5200. Nikon just
released it last month.

--jay

"Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me> wrote in message
> I have a Optio 550. I understand the 555 is only a sped up version of the
> 550. As the owner of 4 digital cameras so far I can say it it so far
> superior to the others. One of the ones I dumped was a Kyocera S5. The
Optio
> is miles (1.6Km) ahead of the Kyocera.
>
> I have no experience with Nikons.
>
> The most amazing thing I have found was the battery life of weeks and
> hundreds of pictures, shooting totally using the LCD with full light on. I
> have only looked through the rangefinder lens a couple of times with this
> one. I don't know how they can do it.
>

> "G-man" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message
> > Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
> > cameras?

Anonymous
June 27, 2004 10:59:14 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras,rec.photo.digital,rec.photo.equipment.35mm,uk.rec.photo.misc,de.alt.rec.digitalfotografie (More info?)

Giorgio Preddio wrote:
> "G-man" <jzurb@charter.net> wrote in message news:<tpHwc.16088$tl4.9642@bignews6.bellsouth.net>...
>

>>Both look very good, anyone with experience with either of these two
>>cameras?
>

> One of the numerous problems with these two manufacturers is that they
> are are using old, dinosaur sensor technology. The pixels are recorded
> in monochrome instead of color. The only true color sensors are made
> by Foveon. Sigma digital cameras use these highly acclaimed Foveon
> sensors. The Sigma SD10 is simply the best camera that was ever made.
> Why bother with anything else? Check out this review:
>
> http://dpreview.com/reviews/sigmasd10/

Just did. It concludes with "Recommended", Phil's version of damning
with faint praise. 10D, 300D and D70 are "Highly Recommended".

That does suggest the SD-10 to be "simply the best" by any means.

So I guess you have not read the reviews.

Phil
!