strider

Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember, I've
been playing like two days or something :)

I like: Smiths, REM, Radiohead, Dillon, most soul.

Recent bands who I've liked, Embrace, Keane.

Keep it easy :)

Ta

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

strider

Strider proclaimed...

> Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember, I've
> been playing like two days or something :)
>
> I like: Smiths, REM, Radiohead, Dillon, most soul.
>
> Recent bands who I've liked, Embrace, Keane.
>
> Keep it easy :)
>
> Ta

Sigh

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

shawk

Strider wrote:
> Strider proclaimed...
>

>>Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember, I've
>>been playing like two days or something :)
>>
>>I like: Smiths, REM, Radiohead, Dillon, most soul.
>>
>>Recent bands who I've liked, Embrace, Keane.
>>
>>Keep it easy :)
>>
>>Ta
>

> Sigh

Wrong group again then mucka? :)

--
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always
so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts"

Bertrand Russell

strider

Shawk proclaimed...

> Wrong group again then mucka? :)

Bingo!

--

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Shawk proclaimed...
>
>> Wrong group again then mucka? :)
>
> Bingo!
>
> --
> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
> Homepage: stri.tk
>
> "I read about them in Time magazine"
What instrument do you play?

> Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember, I've
> been playing like two days or something :)
>
> I like: Smiths, REM, Radiohead, Dillon, most soul.
>
> Recent bands who I've liked, Embrace, Keane.
>
> Keep it easy :)
>
> Ta

Er Mer de Noms - perfect circle was pretty easy to learn imo ;p

Strider plays the Socksaphone proficiently and with great zeal... :)

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 08:24:25 -0500, "Cap'n Crunch"
<rmacneil_8@sympatico.ca> wrote:

>"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>> Shawk proclaimed...
>>
>>> Wrong group again then mucka? :)
>>
>> Bingo!
>>
>> --
>> AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
>> Homepage: stri.tk
>>
>> "I read about them in Time magazine"
>What instrument do you play?

Jack Harney
AKA "Cannon Fodder"
AKA "Grumpy Old Fart
AKA "Certified Senior Curmudgeon"
From Civ - 5 "I have the cultural tact of a Cuban Pig" Points.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll
drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience..."

"Cannon Fodder" <gonfishn39@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> Strider plays the Socksaphone proficiently and with great zeal... :)

are you sure it's not his.....organ ;o)

yes I know...very predictable

--
Dr C [AGHL]

strider

Cannon Fodder proclaimed...

> Strider plays the Socksaphone proficiently and with great zeal... :)

LOL

forty years younger and I'd kick your ass!

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

strider

Lief proclaimed...

> Er Mer de Noms - perfect circle was pretty easy to learn imo ;p

I'd never trust a cockney :)

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

What's the matter big shot??? Are ya too old to do it now??? Bring it
on.... :) Readies trusty old Browning A-5 with 8 shells filled with
rock salt....

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 23:04:44 GMT, Strider
<email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote:

>Cannon Fodder proclaimed...
>
>> Strider plays the Socksaphone proficiently and with great zeal... :)
>
>LOL
>
>forty years younger and I'd kick your ass!

Jack Harney
AKA "Cannon Fodder"
AKA "Grumpy Old Fart
AKA "Certified Senior Curmudgeon"
From Civ - 5 "I have the cultural tact of a Cuban Pig" Points.

"Never argue with an idiot, they'll
drag you down to their level and beat
you with experience..."

Bah! Beat me to it!

Civilian_Target

Cannon Fodder wrote:
> Strider plays the Socksaphone proficiently and with great zeal... :)
>

> On Sun, 20 Feb 2005 08:24:25 -0500, "Cap'n Crunch"
> <rmacneil_8@sympatico.ca> wrote:
>

>>"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
>>
>>>Shawk proclaimed...

>>>Bingo!
>>>
>>>--
>>>AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
>>>Homepage: stri.tk
>>>
>>>"I read about them in Time magazine"
>>
>>What instrument do you play?
>>

> Jack Harney
> AKA "Cannon Fodder"
> AKA "Grumpy Old Fart
> AKA "Certified Senior Curmudgeon"
> From Civ - 5 "I have the cultural tact of a Cuban Pig" Points.
>
> "Never argue with an idiot, they'll
> drag you down to their level and beat
> you with experience..."

strider

Chadwick proclaimed...

> I believe most Status Quo songs only have three chords?

I'll keep that in mind, thanks

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

"Strider" <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> wrote in message
> Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember, I've
> been playing like two days or something :)
>
> I like: Smiths, REM, Radiohead, Dillon, most soul.
>
> Recent bands who I've liked, Embrace, Keane.
>
> Keep it easy :)
>
> Ta

Green Day can be pretty simple.

All those years ago i started by playing Nirvana and Oasis :eek:/

--
-----

Cookie McCrumble

cookiemccrumble"at"hotmail"dot"com
www.whateverhappenedtomysocks.co.uk

I like pie

Winamp is currently blaring: Extreme - He-Man Woman Hater

strider

Cookie McCrumble proclaimed...

> Green Day can be pretty simple.
>
> All those years ago i started by playing Nirvana and Oasis :eek:/

Thanks

--

"Cookie McCrumble" <cookiemccrumble@hotmail.com> wrote
> Green Day can be pretty simple.
>
> All those years ago i started by playing Nirvana and Oasis :eek:/

Yeah, agreed. I was playing "Time of your Life" by Greenday withing a few
months of starting out, shortly followed by "Wonderwall". In a couple of
months you won't struggle with either of them Stri, if you stick at it.
--
David
davidfirewater(a)hotmail.com

"OT posts and discussions happen in any forum where
people come to "know" each other. This is no different
than the countless WW2 arguments I'veseen betwen
American's and Brits. I don't recall if those have have
happened in this group or not. But they're just about
everywhere else."
Marlin, AGHL

Strider <email.given@thepoint.youasknice> blabbered in

> Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember,
> I've been playing like two days or something :)

The Animals - House of the Rising Sun.

One of the first songs I learnt, and it's a keeper :)

Failing that, most of the REM stuff from the early to mid nineties is
pretty easy. Man on the moon, everybody hurts, losing my religion, the
one I love etc..

Asnivor
(alt.games.half-life)

"You know.....for kids!"

http://www.asnivor.com/
(Home of AGHL-Trek, and other photoshop monstrosities)

http://www.asnivor.com/hlfaq/hlfaq.htm
(Temp mirror of HQH's unofficial HL FAQ)

strider

Asnivor proclaimed...

> The Animals - House of the Rising Sun.
>
> One of the first songs I learnt, and it's a keeper :)
>
> Failing that, most of the REM stuff from the early to mid nineties is
> pretty easy. Man on the moon, everybody hurts, losing my religion, the
> one I love etc..

Sorry, don't accept advice from strangers.

Be away wit ya!

--

"Asnivor" <spam@asnivor.com> wrote
> > Just some quick fire suggestions on easy songs to learn. Remember,
> > I've been playing like two days or something :)
>
> The Animals - House of the Rising Sun.
>
> One of the first songs I learnt, and it's a keeper :)

No way Asni, he's only been playing a few days. I think the F chord *isn't*
for absolute beginners. It can put a lot of people off guitar.
On a lighter note, I'm now playing Dylans' "Like a rolling Stone", something
I looked at a year ago and thought "No chance!" Winner!
Stick with it, Stri.
--

> Asnivor proclaimed...
>
>> The Animals - House of the Rising Sun.
>>
>> One of the first songs I learnt, and it's a keeper :)
>>
>> Failing that, most of the REM stuff from the early to mid nineties is
>> pretty easy. Man on the moon, everybody hurts, losing my religion,
>> the one I love etc..
>
> Sorry, don't accept advice from strangers.
>
> Be away wit ya!

You've changed your tune. Remember you took those sweets off me and came
and saw my puppies when I first met ya. Oh how things change :/

"David Firewater" <davidfirewater.nospam@hotmail.com> blabbered in

> No way Asni, he's only been playing a few days. I think the F chord
> *isn't* for absolute beginners. It can put a lot of people off guitar.
> On a lighter note, I'm now playing Dylans' "Like a rolling Stone",
> something I looked at a year ago and thought "No chance!" Winner!
> Stick with it, Stri.

Aye, maybe you're right. May I suggest the Hendrix version of 'Wild
Thing' then. I don't recall an F in that anywhere.

Asnivor
(alt.games.half-life)

"You know.....for kids!"

http://www.asnivor.com/
(Home of AGHL-Trek, and other photoshop monstrosities)

http://www.asnivor.com/hlfaq/hlfaq.htm
(Temp mirror of HQH's unofficial HL FAQ)

strider

David Firewater proclaimed...

> Stick with it, Stri.

You're repeating that often. More than becoming tiresome it's
underlining such a nice chap you are!

Thank you mate, I will.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

strider

Asnivor proclaimed...

> Aye, maybe you're right. May I suggest the Hendrix version of 'Wild
> Thing' then. I don't recall an F in that anywhere.

No problems matey. You, like my mate Bruce are naturally talented
musically. He doesn't realize that he is good and as such advises so.

--
AGHL Newsgroup, IRC FAQ & other: aghl-stuff.tk
Homepage: stri.tk

"I read about them in Time magazine"

strider

Asnivor proclaimed...

> You've changed your tune. Remember you took those sweets off me and came
> and saw my puppies when I first met ya. Oh how things change :/

Pah. It is your I remember leaving with the limp!

Be at the next gathering. Or else!

:)