Differences between Pentax Optio 33L and Optio 33LF?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
the UK).

Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
that I can understand!)

Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
aware of before making a choice?

Thanks in advance,

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
More about differences pentax optio optio 33lf

    Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.

    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989

    On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:22:23 +0100, John Latter <jorolat@msn.com>
    wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
    >a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
    >the UK).
    >
    >Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
    >that I can understand!)
    >
    >Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
    >which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
    >aware of before making a choice?
    >
    >Thanks in advance,

    The Pentax website describes the Optio 33L here:

    http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18112

    and the Optio 33LF here:

    http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18117

    When I tried to use the 'comparison' option (by selecting 33L and 33LF
    in that order) it listed the 33L specs but not the 33L ones (just put
    "n/a" all over the place).

    Any help please?

    --

    On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:44:31 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
    wrote:

    >Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.
    >
    >http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989

    Thanks for the link Gymmy!

    I don't seem to have made much progress however. I clicked on the 'Up
    to 3.9 Megapixel Cameras' link, then on 'Pentax', but all it listed
    was the Optio 30 which is yet another model!

    Can anyone help please?

    John

    >"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
    >> a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
    >> the UK).
    >>
    >> Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
    >> that I can understand!)
    >>
    >> Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
    >> which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
    >> aware of before making a choice?
    >>
    >> Thanks in advance,
    >>
    >> --
    >>
    >> John Latter
    >>
    >> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    >homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    >> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >>
    >> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

    --

    John Latter

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

    'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

    Look at the decent cameras "over 4 Megapixels. The optios are all over 4 Mp.

    > On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:44:31 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.
    > >

    >http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989
    > >

    > Thanks for the link Gymmy!
    >
    > I don't seem to have made much progress however. I clicked on the 'Up
    > to 3.9 Megapixel Cameras' link, then on 'Pentax', but all it listed
    > was the Optio 30 which is yet another model!
    >
    > Can anyone help please?
    >
    > John
    >
    > >"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
    > >> Hi,
    > >>
    > >> I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
    > >> a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
    > >> the UK).
    > >>
    > >> Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
    > >> that I can understand!)
    > >>
    > >> Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
    > >> which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
    > >> aware of before making a choice?
    > >>
    > >> Thanks in advance,
    > >>
    > >> --
    > >>
    > >> John Latter
    > >>
    > >> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    > >homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    > >> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    > >>
    > >> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    > >> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
    > >

    > --
    >
    > John Latter
    >
    > Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    > http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >
    > 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:12:34 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
    wrote:

    >Look at the decent cameras "over 4 Megapixels. The optios are all over 4 Mp.
    >
    >"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
    >> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:44:31 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
    >> wrote:
    >>
    >> >Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.
    >> >

    >>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989
    >> >

    >> Thanks for the link Gymmy!
    >>
    >> I don't seem to have made much progress however. I clicked on the 'Up
    >> to 3.9 Megapixel Cameras' link, then on 'Pentax', but all it listed
    >> was the Optio 30 which is yet another model!
    >>
    >> Can anyone help please?
    >>
    >> John
    >>
    >> >"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message

    Thanks Bob but maybe here in England we just have old stock! The
    Optios I'm interested in are definitely 3Mp+

    >The Pentax website describes the Optio 33L here:

    >http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18112

    >and the Optio 33LF here:

    >http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18117

    Regards,

    --

    John Latter

    Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

    'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.dcameras (More info?)

    Sorry, I was getting confused with another post I was involved with.
    You are correct.

    > On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:12:34 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Look at the decent cameras "over 4 Megapixels. The optios are all over 4
    Mp.

    > >"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message

    >>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=98
    9

    > >> Thanks for the link Gymmy!
    > >>
    > >> I don't seem to have made much progress however. I clicked on the 'Up
    > >> to 3.9 Megapixel Cameras' link, then on 'Pentax', but all it listed
    > >> was the Optio 30 which is yet another model!
    > >>
    > >> Can anyone help please?
    > >>
    > >> John

    > Thanks Bob but maybe here in England we just have old stock! The
    > Optios I'm interested in are definitely 3Mp+
    >
    > >The Pentax website describes the Optio 33L here:
    >

    >http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=181
    12

    > >and the Optio 33LF here:
    >

    >http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=181
    17

    > Regards,
    >
    > --
    >
    > John Latter
    >
    > Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
    homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
    > http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
    >
    > 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
    > http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

Cameras Pentax Peripherals Product