Differences between Pentax Optio 33L and Optio 33LF?

Hi,

I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
the UK).

Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
that I can understand!)

Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
aware of before making a choice?

Thanks in advance,

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989

On Sun, 06 Jun 2004 22:22:23 +0100, John Latter <jorolat@msn.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
>a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
>the UK).
>
>Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
>that I can understand!)
>
>Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
>which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
>aware of before making a choice?
>
>Thanks in advance,

The Pentax website describes the Optio 33L here:

http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18112

and the Optio 33LF here:

http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18117

When I tried to use the 'comparison' option (by selecting 33L and 33LF
in that order) it listed the 33L specs but not the 33L ones (just put
"n/a" all over the place).

Any help please?

--

On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:44:31 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
wrote:

>Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.
>
>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989

Thanks for the link Gymmy!

I don't seem to have made much progress however. I clicked on the 'Up
to 3.9 Megapixel Cameras' link, then on 'Pentax', but all it listed
was the Optio 30 which is yet another model!

Can anyone help please?

John

>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm a newbie to digital cameras and at the moment amazon are offereing
>> a good deal on both the Pentax Optio 33L & 33LF models (btw I live in
>> the UK).
>>
>> Could anyone tell me what the differences between them are? (in terms
>> that I can understand!)
>>
>> Is it just that one model is replacing the other (if so - which is
>> which?) or are there other factors, that as a newbie, I ought to be
>> aware of before making a choice?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> --
>>
>> John Latter
>>
>> Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to
>homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
>> http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html
>>
>> 'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup
>> http://groups.yahoo.com/group/evomech

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

Look at the decent cameras "over 4 Megapixels. The optios are all over 4 Mp.

On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 18:12:34 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
wrote:

>Look at the decent cameras "over 4 Megapixels. The optios are all over 4 Mp.
>
>"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message
>> On Sun, 6 Jun 2004 19:44:31 -0400, "Gymmy Bob" <nospamming@bite.me>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Try this. Good descriptions and not bad prices.
>> >

>>http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?O=&A=showCategory&Q=&ci=989
>> >

>> Thanks for the link Gymmy!
>>
>> I don't seem to have made much progress however. I clicked on the 'Up
>> to 3.9 Megapixel Cameras' link, then on 'Pentax', but all it listed
>> was the Optio 30 which is yet another model!
>>
>> Can anyone help please?
>>
>> John
>>
>> >"John Latter" <jorolat@msn.com> wrote in message

Thanks Bob but maybe here in England we just have old stock! The
Optios I'm interested in are definitely 3Mp+

>The Pentax website describes the Optio 33L here:

>http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18112

>and the Optio 33LF here:

>http://www.pentaxusa.com/products/cameras/camera_overview.cfm?productID=18117

Regards,

--

John Latter

Model of an Internal Evolutionary Mechanism (based on an extension to homeostasis) linking Stationary-Phase Mutations to the Baldwin Effect.
http://members.aol.com/jorolat/TEM.html

'Where Darwin meets Lamarck?' Discussion Egroup

Sorry, I was getting confused with another post I was involved with.
You are correct.