Sign in with
Your question

Palm M 500

Last response: in Windows 7
December 13, 2010 7:52:40 PM

Hello,
I want to install my palm on windows 7 and ideas on what exactly to install so that it runs. I love my palm M500

More about : palm 500

October 20, 2011 2:51:11 PM

Here are the instrucitons for 32 bit.

1) Download and install Palm Desktop version 6.2.
Click on this link (or copy and paste it into your browser): http://kb.palm.com/wps/portal/kb/na/tungsten/tx/unlocke... Click on download, then save, then your install wizard should walk you through the set up. If asked if you want updates from the internet, choose "no" and choose to sync with Palm . When asked if you would like updates from the internet choose no, the links are no longer valid.

2)Install Pimlico PalmHotSyncSetup
Click on this link: www.pimlicosoftware.com , then scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page, to the PalmHotSyncUtility, click on that to download, choose Save, and save to your desktop, (you may be asked to allow the download, choose yes, and after you have installed you may get a message that says it may not have been installed correctly, choose that it was) then click run, when the gray window opens, make sure the dot is in the circle by Legacy devices, then click on Setup, you should get a message that your computer is set up for legacy devices.

If you had a previous device synced to your computer and it was a Z22 don't sync the m500 to the username for the Z22, it can erase your data. Email us and we will help you.

Thanks!

!