More about import user profile

    From: "Mandi" <mandi@kart.com>

    | I have 2 problems with my XP:
    |
    | 1. Whenever I leave the PC for a long time I find it with a display of the
    | login - the icon of Administrator and another user "Guest". I click on
    | Administrator and I'm in the required state. How van I eliminate that?
    |
    | 2. I want to import a user and its profile from another XP on the same LAN.
    | How can I do that?
    |
    | Thanks in advance
    |
    | Mandi

    Create another user with a name such as Mandi. Then remove the profiles for ADMINISTRATOR
    and GUEST (you should also disable the GUEST account)
    C:\Documents and Settings\administrator
    C:\Documents and Settings\guest

    Concerning the PC with the profile you want to import. Lets assume the profile name is for
    the account 'lisa'. The profile on the source PC is...
    C:\Documents and Settings\lisa

    Now go to the Destination PC and create an account called 'lisa' then logon as 'lisa' then
    logoff and logon using any other account on the PC other than 'lisa'.

    Now copy the sub-directory tree; "C:\Documents and Settings\lisa" from the source PC to
    the "C:\Documents and Settings" folder on the destination PC.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

    Thanks ,
    But I didn't understand the idea of removing Administrator and Guest
    accounts. Is it a part of the creation of Lisa account or refres to my first
    question.

    Regards
    Mandi

    From: "Mandi" <mandi@marco.biz>

    | Thanks ,
    | But I didn't understand the idea of removing Administrator and Guest
    | accounts. Is it a part of the creation of Lisa account or refres to my first
    | question.
    |
    | Regards
    | Mandi

    It is for the first part of the question "...I find it with a display of the login - the
    icon of Administrator and another user "Guest"."

    You don't want to login as administrator. That account should be reserved and have a STRONG
    password. The guest account should be disabled and you should logon as a new account such
    as "mandi". If there is no profile for ADMINISTRATOR and GUEST then I believe you will not
    be shown the multiple login icons.

    --
    Dave
    http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm