Sharing Issue

I have three different folders that I'm sharing across our network. I can
only get the other machines to access the files with read only access, even
though the users are set up in a group with full control. I'm using WinXP
with SP2 on the machine with the shared folders (no server) and Win2000 on
the others. Any ideas as to what's preventing full access to the files?

Jim
1 answer Last reply
More about sharing issue

    Jim, did you set both Shared Folder and NTFS permissions. NTFS permissions
    are on the Security Tab while Shared Folder permissions are on the Sharing
    tab of the folder properties. When accessing files over the network, users
    receive whichever is the MOST RESTRICTIVE of these two sets of permissions.
    Both default to Read Only in XP so I would check that out.

    "Jim" wrote:

    > I have three different folders that I'm sharing across our network. I can
    > only get the other machines to access the files with read only access, even
    > though the users are set up in a group with full control. I'm using WinXP
    > with SP2 on the machine with the shared folders (no server) and Win2000 on
    > the others. Any ideas as to what's preventing full access to the files?
    >
    > Jim

Microsoft Windows XP